Top Guild raid
Top wod thoughts?
Hottest Threads
No Threads created
Advertisment

View Thread
The Blade Order » World of Warcraft » Warcraft Guides
 Print Thread
ZA: Zul'jin tactics (Healing Priest point of view)
Ralpbix
As I've defeated the boss yesterday I though that it would be nice to make a guide about this boss with a priest healing point of view. Enjoy reading it.

Zul'Jin (Healing priest point of view)
This is actually a quiet easy fight, but you really need to know what to do. The mutliple phases during this encounter makes this boss looks harder then it actually is. One thing which is important is the aggro reset after each phase.

Phase 1: Troll phase (100% - 80%)
This phase is the easiers one of them all. He hits the tank for not that much hitpoints and occasianly he does something like a whirlwind. Melee have to move out otherwise they are dead. The boss also throws an axe to a person every 10-15 seconds and leaves a damage dot debuff behind. If that players get healed up to full health the debuff will dissapear. In my opinion the damage the debuff will do is not that much. If all healers throw one heal on that player, the debuff will be gone.

Phase 2: Bear phase (80% - 60%)
This phase is also very easy, however the one that can dispell have to really watch the raid and the abilities of the boss. Every 20 seconds he will cast a paralyse debuff. From that moment you get 5 seconds to dispell that paralyse debuff. If the debuff is not dispelled fast enough you will get arround 4k damage, but also get stunned for some time. If the tank get stunned the chance that he get crushed is great as he can't parry nor dodge. Have one person to dispell the tank immediately and let a priest mass dispell right away if possible.

Phase 3: Eagle phase (60% - 40%)
This is the hardest part of the fight as it is quite random. There will spawn three wirlwinds who are comming to players. Dodge them as much as possible and spread out. They do AoE lighting damage and if the wirlwind will hit you, you will be knocked back and get arorund 1k damage. The main important thing is to keep the healers up. If one of the healers die then you will whipe if you use three healers. For priest it is really usefull to keep renew up all the time and cast prayer of mending as soon as possible. Also if you have the chance to use big heals, please use them. If you only use small you will end up oom after this phase. Use mana pots whenever you need them.

Phase 4: lynx phase (40% - 20%)
If all your healers survived the third phase and still got enough mana you should easily survive the rest of the fight. The lynx fight ain't that hard. He once in a while will wirlwind like leothras, but that does not do that much damage. He also rush a player onces in a while. For the healers they need to use fast small heals on that player who is getting rushed. For priest this means flash heal and prayer of mending. Just bring him down to 20% for the last phase. This is also the best phase to use your shadow fiend for mana regen. Keep using mana pots aswell if possible.

Phase 5: Troll phase (20% - 0%)
Flamebreath all targets in front of the boss for not that much damage. Most likely you can heal through it. However he also spawns fire pillars on top of a player. Walk out as fast as possible, because it deals arround 3k damage each second. If you watch these pillars well enough you will kill the boss easily.

General tips for priests
Stamina is really good during this fight. So I suggest you eat [item]Blackened Sporefish[/item] as food buff. Having arround 8.5k health buffed is really a pre during this fight. Also use a [item]Flask of Mighty Restoration[/item] or [item]Elixir of Major Mageblood[/item] for more mana regen.
Also when you switch phase you can use fade to make sure you don't get aggro from healing too fast. Other then that please stay alive during the whole fight.
Edited by Ralpbix on 21-11-2007 10:30

Seraphel
great work mate, this one was a bit better than the ones I've read so far Wink thanks a lot !
Not the archers. My scouts tell me their archers are miles away and no threat to us. Arrows cost money. Use up the Irish. The dead cost nothing

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
Any one still really use this website?

Yep
Yep
14% [2 Votes]

Only very ocassionally
Only very ocassionally
71% [10 Votes]

Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
14% [2 Votes]

Votes: 14
You must login to vote.
Started: 28/10/2018 12:48

Polls Archive
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01-01-2024 13:01
happy new year !

08-06-2023 10:47
Shock

12-11-2022 02:07
Thanks for keeping the site alive <3

08-11-2022 07:59
Hi! How are you guys? How life is treating you? Just growing older, building our lives, finding no time, the usual stuff... Grin

18-11-2021 16:32
Been working from home since march last year - but walk away from taht laptop at 4pm not to return til 7:30 next day! lol you?

08-11-2021 07:31
How are you doing guys? Working from home day and night, or quit your job? Kisses!

07-06-2021 20:22
still alive, TBC classic on the menu these days!

26-04-2020 19:50
Hi Guys! Not playing wow but still alive! How are you all? Kisses! Wink

27-01-2020 13:49
I played Classic until I was nearly level 60. It needs The Burning Crusade really for me though. I am lurking around Daggerspine again for a while, trying to get used to the changes lol

24-01-2020 09:29
Komodo (Antique) and Thebizzy are playing WoW classic these days. You're more than welcome to join us if you'd like. We're on the Bloodfang server =)

08-01-2020 18:26
Hey guys, Hope you are all well for 2020! Still think about our old raiding days and honestly miss it and you lot. xxx

08-09-2019 21:11
Hello! How is everyone? Are some of us still playing? Wow classic maybe? I miss the whole thing... kisses!

10-08-2019 14:34
there is a tbo discord server now https://discord.gg
/pfBNpyg

10-08-2019 13:33
doing a great job keeping the page alive ! so clasit where are we going ?

20-12-2018 22:25
TBO FOREVER! Grin

Top Top  3,460,771 unique visits  Top Top