Hottest Threads
No Threads created
Advertisment

View Thread
The Blade Order » World of Warcraft » Warcraft Guides
 Print Thread
Zul'Aman
heijaangel
Here are the tacs for the bosses in Zul'Aman.

So study them because the patch comes probably this wednesday and so we can enter right away and every1 knows a bit what to do.

1. Nalorakk (Bear god)

Trash Clear:
It's easy. CC is nice to have and two tanks are needed. Initially boss stands with guards, you pull the guards and the boss retreats. You have to do this four times and the pulls get progressively harder.

Boss Fight:
Two forms; human form and bear form. You need 2 tanks for this fight. They take aggro back and forth as Nalorakk shifts forms. Each form is about one minute long. He should be tanked about where you pull him.

Human Form: Places a mangle debuff(100% damage increase of bleed effects) on first tank. Randomly charges ranged party members with a smaller AoE knockback. So spread out in a 1/2 moon shape around the tanks, you have a large area to do this in. He doesn't hit extremely hard but has some pretty big crushing blows every now and then. Melee should stand behind, I'm pretty sure he cleaves in both forms.

Bear Form: Second tank should pull aggro immediately. He places two bleed effects on the tank (don't remember what they are called), but tick for about 3k per second when both are up. If the tank has mangle up he will die as it will tick for 6k per second, aggro switch is very important here. He hits harder during this phase too. He does an AOE silence roar; which as near as I can tell you can't avoid it.

He can be reset by running off the upper platform and down the stairs. You can do this 3 times before trash respawns. Then you have to reclear before you can fight him again.

2. Akil'zon (Eagle god)

Boss Fight:
Doesn't hit the tank very hard and does a bolt of lighning type ability which hits one person and splashes to the targets around you. Every so often (10% maybe) he will start doing and electrical storm which will put one target in the air and will do MASSIVE damage to the rest of the raid. He will, after that, call eagle that will dive on the raid for 1500 damage. Pretty straight forward tank and spank...except we never got through the storm, it's not a shaz type spell, it has nothing to do with range

3. Jan'alai (Dragonhawk god)

Boss Fight:
Stand on top of a pillar type room and there is two smaller platforms on each of his side every minutes or so he will call two hatchers who will go on the platforms and hatch the eggs. HE also teleports the whole group to his feet every so often (30 seconds I think ) and will throw balls of fire on the ground after 10 seconds (I think ) these will explode and basically one shot anybody that is standing on top of any. Once you've pushed him through the 50 % mark he will enrage and deal 50 % more damage and attack 50 % quicker. When he's down to 30 % he will hatch all remaining eggs. He also has a fire breath that targets anybody in the raid and that hits everybody close to that target.

Just dps him, and when he calls the hatcher, we killed one and let the other one run off to the platform, basically let some of the eggs hatch (they spawn hatchlings with about 6k health ) and then kill the hatcher before the boss teleports you. Rinse and repeat 'till he's dead. He has a 10 minute berserk timer.

4. Halazzi (Lynx god)

Boss Fight:
Has only about 600k life. He has 2 phase s which he switches every 25 %. Basically tank and spank in phase 1. When phase 2 happens, 1 tank stays on the shaman, 1 tank tanks the spirit of the lynx. You need to dps down the spirit of the lynx as fast as possible. Kill the totems, and cleanse people, rinse and repeat.

Phase 1: Hard hitting boss. He does a Sabber lash, pretty much like Shaz where the more people get hit by it, the less damage it deals. Straight forward. Once you get him to 75 % he will go into phase 2.

Phase 2: Transforms back into a caster (shaman to be more exact) and spawns a Spirit of the lynx that has 200k health. During that phase he will drop Corrupted Lightning totem that does chain lightning for 5k (around 5k) He will also flame shock someone.

5. Malacrass (Big warlock troll)

Boss Fight:
Starts with 4 adds. Each add is able to be CC'd by the logical way. Sheep the ogre, sleep/sheep snake, shackle the undead thing and banish the elemental. We killed him with 2 dead and the banish/shackle still up. Didnt notice anything special about them being alive/dead. Each of these adds have a special ability but its nothing too bad, never got to see what the ogre did cause he died so quickly, but the snake had a poison bolt volley type. The elemental had infection disease debuff much like Emeriss had with damaging those around you, and the undead has a short duration AE fear.

The boss has a decently nasty ae that does tick damage to the whole raid, starting at about 400(maybe 300) dps for a good amount of time 15 seconds maybe. Doesnt seem like much for now but it gets worse later on, will get to that in a sec. During the fight randomly he will soul drain a target of the raid taking their abilities for his own. Rogue gives him SnD and blind, warrior gives WW and spell reflect, druid gives thorns and lifebloom(maybe moonfire), priest gives heal and MC, pally gives consecrate and holy light, hunter gives traps(dont know what else), and we didnt see lock shaman or mage. It will only be classes of people in your raid.

About every minute it seems, he drains power from the raid. Taking 1% per person per minute and giving it to himself. So he gains 10% damage and size. It doesnt seem bad being how its a shortish fight but combine with the AE that started as 300-400 dps it really stacks up. Its just a soft enrage cause you wont be able to heal that forever. Don't know how much health he did, but it took us 4 1/2 minutes to kill 2 adds and him. Group make up was 2 rogues 1 hunter 1 lock 1 spriest 1 prot warrior 1 resto shaman 1 holy pally 1 tree druid 1 feral druid. All BT/hyjal geared out.

6. Zul'jin (Bad guy)

Boss Fight:
Zul'Jin is a 5 phase fight, he starts off in troll form with ~8 small (6k hp) adds that you can aoe or just kill quickly. Every phase change he does do a threat wipe, when he turns into an Eagle you do not need to worry about a threat. He changes phases every 20%.

Phase 1: Watch out for his whirlwind (melee range). He whirlwinded for ~4k on our dps warrior, but other then that had no other significant abilities. He also casts a debuff similar to the one in Slave Pens that does a dd and then ticks until the player is topped off. Seems like it was only around 2500-3000 damage, so if you are good at assist healing you can downrank accordingly to top them off just enough so they do not take any ticks.

Phase 2: At 80%, he goes to bear form and hits semi-hard. As soon as he starts this phase you will notice everyone gets a Paralysis debuff. Dispellable by priest/pally. Dispell it off the main tank and yourself, then other healers if time (or the tank doesn't need a heal). DPS etc do not need it dispelled. After 5 seconds of having the debuff, you will become stunned and take a little damage, assign someone to top people off before the next. He can hit decently hard, so keep the tank topped. Otherwise just tank/spank.

Phase 3: At 60%, he goes to eagle form. During this phase he physically does nothing but stands there and looks pretty as whirlwinds fly around the room. They knock you back and deal around 1k damage. Every spellcast anyone does immediately shocks you for 1250. Basically, its kinda like Aura of Desire. I am unsure how it affects melee or healers. The key thing to do in this phase is not get cornered by tornados and stay alive. Heal over time spells really make this phase much easier. Melee need to try and burn him down as quick as they can as they get no punishment for doing damage.

Phase 4: At 40%,he goes to Lynx form. Lynx form he melees fairly weak all around. Every now and then he will fixate upon a random player in the raid and melee them. Intervene near the end of the 10 second or so phase to help out squishy people. He returns to the tank ala Fel Rage after beating on someone for like 10 seconds. Also does a weak version of the whirlwind Leotheras / end boss of Shattered Halls. I think it also places a debuff on people that will make them take more damage, it's either this or the fixate. Watch debuffs and note that that person will need extra heals.

Phase 5: At 20%, he goes to dragonhawk form. He occasionally casts a raid wide debuff increasing fire damage taken by 75%, stacking, not cleansable. He will choose random people throughout the raid and place a beam of fire on them. If they are not topped they will probably die due to the debuff. It's a simple phase if people are good at staying out of void zones. The only other thing I saw was a pillar of fire thing that spawns on a person and stays there kind of like a void zone. Basically its a mini-enrage timer. Eventually one will spawn on you and regardless of whether of not you move, youll get oneshotted by the beam. Heroism ftw.
i.imgur.com/3TqrN.png
i43.tinypic.com/mtkq3a.png

What is SeX? SeX Is When A Boy Put His Location In A Girls Destination To Increase The Population Of The NeXt Generation. Do You Get My EXplanation? Or Do You Need a Demonstration?

There are 10 kinds of people. The 1's that understand binary and the 1's that dont.

Seraphel
Very nice Heijaangel.

All should also check out the Videos of the figths on Youtube, just search on the name of the boss and you should find them
Not the archers. My scouts tell me their archers are miles away and no threat to us. Arrows cost money. Use up the Irish. The dead cost nothing

heijaangel
Here is a copy of a post I made earlyer:

Edited by heijaangel on 13-11-2007 06:39
i.imgur.com/3TqrN.png

What is SeX? SeX Is When A Boy Put His Location In A Girls Destination To Increase The Population Of The NeXt Generation. Do You Get My EXplanation? Or Do You Need a Demonstration?

There are 10 kinds of people. The 1's that understand binary and the 1's that dont.

Nafedogg
Just my personal opninion on this new instance:

I don't think we should have any kind of focus on it at all, it should only be done on nights where karazhan is already clear and no 25 man is possible. We are at the stage where we could be moving on to more regular 25 man raids, i don't want that held back even more by another 10 man raid. Just my personal opinion Wink

Nafedogg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/Johns3n/Sigs/nafedogg_sig.jpg

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

<script src='http://www.guildox.com/g...script>

heijaangel
Its the guilds choice what instances where doing Smile.

From what I've read and heard is that if ya can clear Kara you can go to ZA and that the items that drop there are almost as good as SSC and TK.
i.imgur.com/3TqrN.png

Seraphel
As the guild situation looks now, it seems like we dont have enough "Regulars" to keep raiding 25 man instances each week. therefore I belive that this will be a very nice instance for us, we mostly got 20-25 people online who acctuly raids, and then it gets a bit hard to keep up the 25 man raids, class wise
Not the archers. My scouts tell me their archers are miles away and no threat to us. Arrows cost money. Use up the Irish. The dead cost nothing

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
Any one still really use this website?

Yep
Yep
14% [2 Votes]

Only very ocassionally
Only very ocassionally
71% [10 Votes]

Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
14% [2 Votes]

Votes: 14
You must login to vote.
Started: 28/10/2018 12:48

Polls Archive
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01-01-2024 13:01
happy new year !

08-06-2023 10:47
Shock

12-11-2022 02:07
Thanks for keeping the site alive <3

08-11-2022 07:59
Hi! How are you guys? How life is treating you? Just growing older, building our lives, finding no time, the usual stuff... Grin

18-11-2021 16:32
Been working from home since march last year - but walk away from taht laptop at 4pm not to return til 7:30 next day! lol you?

08-11-2021 07:31
How are you doing guys? Working from home day and night, or quit your job? Kisses!

07-06-2021 20:22
still alive, TBC classic on the menu these days!

26-04-2020 19:50
Hi Guys! Not playing wow but still alive! How are you all? Kisses! Wink

27-01-2020 13:49
I played Classic until I was nearly level 60. It needs The Burning Crusade really for me though. I am lurking around Daggerspine again for a while, trying to get used to the changes lol

24-01-2020 09:29
Komodo (Antique) and Thebizzy are playing WoW classic these days. You're more than welcome to join us if you'd like. We're on the Bloodfang server =)

08-01-2020 18:26
Hey guys, Hope you are all well for 2020! Still think about our old raiding days and honestly miss it and you lot. xxx

08-09-2019 21:11
Hello! How is everyone? Are some of us still playing? Wow classic maybe? I miss the whole thing... kisses!

10-08-2019 14:34
there is a tbo discord server now https://discord.gg
/pfBNpyg

10-08-2019 13:33
doing a great job keeping the page alive ! so clasit where are we going ?

20-12-2018 22:25
TBO FOREVER! Grin

Top Top  3,395,355 unique visits  Top Top