No Threads created
Advertisment

View Thread
The Blade Order » World of Warcraft » Warcraft Chat
 Print Thread
"Loot" Reaver
Gangsta
Hey guys!

Been Thinking of something. Now that theres no more attunment requried for TK, shouldent we give the Void Reaver a few tries? (when we are ready, willing and able) instead of running to Gruuls and getting destroyed on a "bad" pull? Smile

He's called the Loot Reaver cause he is kinda easy compared to many other bosses in the latter stages of the game, and he drops the Tier 5 shoulders...

...so what do ya think guys?

Best regards Gangsta, Thinking out loud Smile

Gangsta
Here's a good look on what he's about

http://www.wowwiki.com/Void_Reaver

Ralpbix
Sorry to say, but you won't defeat "loot" reaver soon. There is need for a lot of DPS since the enrage timer is really a jerk. Also a lot of practising is needed to avoid the bolts he is shooting. We whiped very fast the first attempts. Al'ar is easier then void reaver in my opinion. But that can also come because we have a high dps group en very good geared tanks at this moment.

I suggest however to keep trying on high king. He ain't that hard. The pull is just the most important of that instance.

Good luck.
Edited by Ralpbix on 12-09-2007 10:36

Mordekay
Would that mean "the Eye"?
I would love to do that Smile not sure what gear i need tho... and how do i get attuned?
"The Paramount Path of the Pale Proselyte Pegan is a Protracted Pursuit of Purification"-The Big M-

Ralpbix

Mordekay wrote:
Would that mean "the Eye"?
I would love to do that Smile not sure what gear i need tho... and how do i get attuned?

Attunements are removed. All players can enter now. unfortunately Sad

Mordekay
hehe... oki Smile but it is The Eye we are talking about?
"The Paramount Path of the Pale Proselyte Pegan is a Protracted Pursuit of Purification"-The Big M-

Ralpbix
Yes "The Eye"!

Gangsta
Thanks for the info Ralph!

Just seems that there is alot of diffrent opions about how hard this guy is. A work mate of mine gave me this tip, according to him, if you can clear kara, then you can take him out. He's on BT with his guild himself.

But i dont know, havent been there myself, so my opinon dosent really count Smile

But it was just an idea, carry on people Smile

Best Regards Gangsta

calmdur
Il post a whole strategy about him in a new thread.
Dont worry be happy!!
[img]src='http://sigs.guildlaunch.net/sig.php/738004lVStT.png' border='0'>[/img]

Ralpbix

Gangsta wrote:
Thanks for the info Ralph!

Just seems that there is alot of diffrent opions about how hard this guy is. A work mate of mine gave me this tip, according to him, if you can clear kara, then you can take him out. He's on BT with his guild himself.

But i dont know, havent been there myself, so my opinon dosent really count Smile

But it was just an idea, carry on people Smile

Best Regards Gangsta

I do not worry about the boss himself. He is really easy indeed. I do however worry about the trash. The trash groups before the boss took us a lot of whiping all the time. And we are still doing the whipes on the trash. But good luck!

Seraphel
Have to agree with ralph here, this boss is way to hard for a guild of your gear lvl, you should have been farming gruul for sometime before even trying him, this is on of the bosses who are very easy, but he gets damn hard if not everyone pay attention thrue the whole fight.
Not the archers. My scouts tell me their archers are miles away and no threat to us. Arrows cost money. Use up the Irish. The dead cost nothing

sandovale
Void reaver would not really fall into the Hard category. The only thing that is required is 25 people that have raid dps specs. Of course, he does has 4.5 million hit points, and you have 10 minutes to kill him, but im fairly sure the average dps class could churn out 300k damage in 10 minutes, right? Smile

The raid set up is most important, and not to have more than 3 of each class if possible. One of each spec and correct group organisation to boost the massive dpsers, and of course having awareness to live until the end.

The only real issue is having tanks that can gain sustained threat when not gaining unlimited rage, as this is often the problem. One or two tanks not pushing hard enough for aggro in the early stages mean the dpsers pull aggro in the later stages.

Added to this, bleed effects, poisons and a few other things wont work, so it is DIRECT damage that counts, forget about arms buffs for melee dps, or hunter stings.

To try would be expensive, as my hunter went through 3 mana pots a wipe, and each run goes through maybe 20-30, a lot of deaths, and 10 of each buff potion of choice (flasks? bah). More time would make it easier, but 25 man raid specs would do the work that consumables can, and consumables can do the work that gear can. It would be a guild effort to get the most out of each person possible, but it is doable.

calmdur
Wise spoken sand Smile
Dont worry be happy!!
[img]src='http://sigs.guildlaunch.net/sig.php/738004lVStT.png' border='0'>[/img]

Reefus

you won't defeat "loot" reaver soon

Have to agree with ralph here, this boss is way to hard for a guild of your gear lvl

You guys ever heard of the expression if you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all.
Jeez How rude

Ralpbix

sandovale wrote:
Void reaver would not really fall into the Hard category. The only thing that is required is 25 people that have raid dps specs. Of course, he does has 4.5 million hit points, and you have 10 minutes to kill him, but im fairly sure the average dps class could churn out 300k damage in 10 minutes, right? Smile

The raid set up is most important, and not to have more than 3 of each class if possible. One of each spec and correct group organisation to boost the massive dpsers, and of course having awareness to live until the end.

The only real issue is having tanks that can gain sustained threat when not gaining unlimited rage, as this is often the problem. One or two tanks not pushing hard enough for aggro in the early stages mean the dpsers pull aggro in the later stages.

Added to this, bleed effects, poisons and a few other things wont work, so it is DIRECT damage that counts, forget about arms buffs for melee dps, or hunter stings.

To try would be expensive, as my hunter went through 3 mana pots a wipe, and each run goes through maybe 20-30, a lot of deaths, and 10 of each buff potion of choice (flasks? bah). More time would make it easier, but 25 man raid specs would do the work that consumables can, and consumables can do the work that gear can. It would be a guild effort to get the most out of each person possible, but it is doable.

This is indeed a nice post. Very very postive attitude and you may be right. Void reaver nees some practice before it will be defeated but it is nice to see something different things in the game then Karazhan all the time. But anyway I guess you will defeat gruul pretty soon. 18% left on his health bar. Not bad at all. I should say focus on his defeat and progress to The Eye then. "Loot reaver" is waiting for you. I can hear him shouting!

Once again good luck! Smile
Ow and Reefus how are you doing?
Edited by Ralpbix on 26-09-2007 12:47

Greyfairer
(4.5*10^9)dmg/(15person*10min*60s/min) = 500dmg/s per person assuming 15 dps'ers.

To account for deaths to orbs, and time lost dodging orbs, and we are looking at what? 600?

Can YOU do 600 dps against a boss level mob? Go test it on Dr. Boom(quest mob in netherstorm with shitloads of health), he's not boss level, but if your +hit is near max it doesn't matter. If it's not, you have to do a bit more.

I tested mine some weeks ago, oh, and you don't have to KILL him, I just did it cause I had the flu and was bored(if someone beats 13 minutes let me know):
img263.imageshack.us/img263/5089/greyfairerdrboomgt4.jpg

Greyfairer
Oh and I am always happy to help out a fellow warlock if you a struggling to reach as high dps as you want to. Well, I'm willing to help anyone, but I don't know anything about other classes than warlocks.

If you have: casting rotation / gear / spec / girl problems, catch me in game or send me a letter Smile

Edit: girl problems mean problems WITH girls, not feminine hygiene

Edit: OHHH and Al'ar got buffed today =/ also, can anyone make the flasks of pure death? (old flask of major shadow prot.)
Edited by Greyfairer on 26-09-2007 17:51

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
Any one still really use this website?

Yep
Yep
14% [2 Votes]

Only very ocassionally
Only very ocassionally
71% [10 Votes]

Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
14% [2 Votes]

Votes: 14
You must login to vote.
Started: 28/10/2018 12:48

Polls Archive
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01-01-2024 13:01
happy new year !

08-06-2023 10:47
Shock

12-11-2022 02:07
Thanks for keeping the site alive <3

08-11-2022 07:59
Hi! How are you guys? How life is treating you? Just growing older, building our lives, finding no time, the usual stuff... Grin

18-11-2021 16:32
Been working from home since march last year - but walk away from taht laptop at 4pm not to return til 7:30 next day! lol you?

08-11-2021 07:31
How are you doing guys? Working from home day and night, or quit your job? Kisses!

07-06-2021 20:22
still alive, TBC classic on the menu these days!

26-04-2020 19:50
Hi Guys! Not playing wow but still alive! How are you all? Kisses! Wink

27-01-2020 13:49
I played Classic until I was nearly level 60. It needs The Burning Crusade really for me though. I am lurking around Daggerspine again for a while, trying to get used to the changes lol

24-01-2020 09:29
Komodo (Antique) and Thebizzy are playing WoW classic these days. You're more than welcome to join us if you'd like. We're on the Bloodfang server =)

08-01-2020 18:26
Hey guys, Hope you are all well for 2020! Still think about our old raiding days and honestly miss it and you lot. xxx

08-09-2019 21:11
Hello! How is everyone? Are some of us still playing? Wow classic maybe? I miss the whole thing... kisses!

10-08-2019 14:34
there is a tbo discord server now https://discord.gg
/pfBNpyg

10-08-2019 13:33
doing a great job keeping the page alive ! so clasit where are we going ?

20-12-2018 22:25
TBO FOREVER! Grin

Top Top  3,472,308 unique visits  Top Top