Hottest Threads
No Threads created
Advertisment

View Thread
The Blade Order » World of Warcraft » Warcraft Chat
 Print Thread
PvP Department.
Darkwon
For sometime now I have being boring anyone who will listen with an idea I have had for a sort of dedicated PvP department within the guild. The reason being is.....

1. I have noticed some of our guildies are more PvP orientated.
2. We gain guild achs from RBG
3. Its something to do as a guild, together.
4. All officers/advisors are mainly PvE orientated.

What I am suggesting is perhaps making a PvPer type rank for those that only wish to pvp.
Make a forum subsection for PvP so folks can make arrangements or find arena partners etc.
Perhaps promote a few pvp type captains, to organise, and sort groups etc.

Unfortunately, the only pvp I ever do (Unless forced by a horde) is on my Twinks so I am not offering to champion this cause, just mearly putting it out there as a suggestion, and see if anyone is actually interested or to hear why this is a bad idea =)

I Know we are a PvE guild,I am not suggesting we ignore our roots or change anything in that area, just maybe trying to cater for a larger demographic within our lovely guild.

Tufarc
Ive actually thought on that idea myself, but didnt bring it up. Noticed myself that there is someone who dont have chance to participate in a full 3 hours raid in the evening and arent that much up to PvE so they do some BG or arenas whenever they have the time for it instead.

i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g409/Jeidar/Tufarc.jpg

Alchy
Hehe its been me quite often that Darky has been boring with his idea, and also me not listening often.. Altho I have been, just I want be careful not to change the focus of the guild. We are a casual raiding guild, not in any way a PvP guild, and I'm not sure its a good idea to start attracting PvP dedicated players to the guild and turning it into something it isnt. That being said, I think for the players who are in the guild, and also PvP, we could do more. Would be nice to have some rbg, and general BG groups, as long as it doesnt affect our raiding at all. Ive actually been discussing this with Chapi this morning, before I saw this post, and would quite like to keep 1 night per week dedicated to PvP, so we can take a break from raiding, and have some fun as a guild killing hordies.
i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv94/Shendaynor/AlchySigFirelands-1.png

Tufarc
Awesome, to bad for me having this break now, since ive been up for a night like that quite a while now Smile
i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g409/Jeidar/Tufarc.jpg

Ralpbix
While PVE has always intressed me more then PVP. I just not able to spend time to do PVE. PVP however doesn't require me to spend that much time and I rather enjoy it to do with friends.

If the guild is able to do a bit more PVP I don't mind at all. However I don't think the focus should change and I think recruitement should be focused on players that should raid. However having PVP players ain't that bad either (For example the old skool player stabbed was a very nice addiction to the guild back in the days).

Chapi - Empathy
I agree with trying to cater for all aspects of this game Smile, but also don't want to loose focus on what are guild is about.

I think we should try setting up a trail run prehaps and see what interest there is. But this also leads to the point if we have enough people online for a RBG we should have enough for a Raid, I know this isn't always the case.

So I would like to see/hear more suggestions from some people and maybe see some plans.

So for me I like the idea but don't want to lose focus so if we can sort of work out something so this isn't so much of an issue then am all for it. Smile
Edited by Chapi - Empathy on 23-08-2011 22:23
i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l513/Chapi_Empathy/Chapi.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=673345614
Seanchez
I'd like some more PvP in the Guild as I am only PvP with Seanchez...

- I think you guys should consider trying some PvP. Like a week where you try and see if it even effects the PvE Progress at all. I mean if it dosen't, it won't hurt anybody and its only a plus to the Guild even tho its a PvE Guild. Alot of peeps in the Guild got PvP alts.

And I've seen many who want some Rated Battlegrounds Within The Guild..

Kogirly
I like PVP when I win that is, or I have the worse PVP rage of all, just ask Gang who I have done arena with a few times Smile

To have organised PVP in the guild would be a good thing imo but as have said before cant come before PVE. I dont think we need a rank for this but maybe have and PVP officer/advisor that is driven for PVP and want to organise this.

Atm we raid 21:00-00:00 and beyond so I would say that before this would be a good time maybe 19:00-20:30 or something and the weekends seems to be a good time for this too. Ofc if we dont get a raid going then why not do some games on main/alts and if we get some late loggers for the raid then it take prio as always.

Go Go Kill some hordes Smile

Iancujianu
Nice. I'm in but I have just 1 request, the PvP departament shoud be more objective then the "PvE'" departament. If we have 5 dk's 3 locks and 7 warriors we don't roll dps spots we roll class spots among geared people, 346's shoud be replaced with honor gear grinded individualy not with guildgroup earned conquest. If one spendes gold to gem and enchant the gear the polite thing to do from a guildie is to come equaly prepared to the group. I have no problem with helping guildies gearup in normal BG's by hooking up in normal BG's but planed guild groups shoud fail due to the lack of skills not lack of equipment.

Tom
people getting burnt out on raiding is fairly common, especial nearing the end of a content patch. having other stuff to do with the guild would definitely help keep people interested in getting involved.

the main reason i always end up coming back to this game and guild is because the social side of it, not the raiding aspect. and although i absolutely agree we shouldn't loose focus on our raiding, getting in other stuff like bg/rbg's, old school raids, beating the crap out of each other in gurubashi arena and ofc driving hordies to ragelog will help not only get people interacting a lil more but help ease the burnout abit.

at the end of the day its just a case of trying to make sure people are having fun, and doing too much of any one thing will only get people stressed and bored.

to that end i vote Monday is now the "how long will he last" day, where we lure zeon online with cake and cookies and then taunt and generally abuse him and see how long it takes before he logs off crying! the best thing is we can have a wager attached to it with the winnings going to the person able to guess what char he rerolled to that day!!
sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/8/6/1/3/9/4586139yVhBx.png
"Tanking is skill, Dps is science, Healing is art"

Darkwon
so...i see we have some interest, who is interested in taking some ownership towards making it happen?
I truly have no time or skills in this department, so I feel no sorrow in saying I am not suited to the role, but out of interest, is anyone willing to step up to the plate?
As mentioned PvE will still take Prio, but its an area of interest we could develop, even if its just a trial period, like Emp suggests.

Iancujianu
Psy is a good BG leeder

Alchy

I have jusr 1 request, the PvP departament shoud be more objective then the "PvE'" departament. If we have 5 dk's 3 locks and 7 warriors we don't roll dps spots we roll class spots among geared people

I actually take offence at this comment. I'm sure some people think being raidleader in TBO is as simple as invite all your mates to a raid and go kill stuff, and if you have too many just randomely roll and kick the losers cos we cant be bothered to do anything else. In fact what happens is mostly we have a brief discussion in 'o' channel about whether we really need a class mix, and if so, what balance of ranged/melee, or specific class, and following that we roll for what we need, or in general if we dont see a big advantage by mixing up the dps a lot (its not more fair, to take a hunter over a dk for example, if theres no specific advantage for the bosses we plan to kill, to have a hunter in the raid over said dk, than to just have everyone roll). I assume your info for how badly we pick raids comes from Bolo, as he told me the other day he was thinking of quitting the guild cos of being outrolled by dks in some raid or somesuch. Which I think is a pretty selfish attitude, if I get outrolled by 2 dk tanks for example I wouldnt be complaining and gquitting, I'd accept the fact that 2 other individuals who also want to raid, got more lucky with their rolls.
Sorry for going OT in your thread Darky, but that kinda pissed me off.

Psylence

Alchy wrote:

I have jusr 1 request, the PvP departament shoud be more objective then the "PvE'" departament. If we have 5 dk's 3 locks and 7 warriors we don't roll dps spots we roll class spots among geared people

I actually take offence at this comment. I'm sure some people think being raidleader in TBO is as simple as invite all your mates to a raid and go kill stuff, and if you have too many just randomely roll and kick the losers cos we cant be bothered to do anything else. In fact what happens is mostly we have a brief discussion in 'o' channel about whether we really need a class mix, and if so, what balance of ranged/melee, or specific class, and following that we roll for what we need, or in general if we dont see a big advantage by mixing up the dps a lot (its not more fair, to take a hunter over a dk for example, if theres no specific advantage for the bosses we plan to kill, to have a hunter in the raid over said dk, than to just have everyone roll). I assume your info for how badly we pick raids comes from Bolo, as he told me the other day he was thinking of quitting the guild cos of being outrolled by dks in some raid or somesuch. Which I think is a pretty selfish attitude, if I get outrolled by 2 dk tanks for example I wouldnt be complaining and gquitting, I'd accept the fact that 2 other individuals who also want to raid, got more lucky with their rolls.
Sorry for going OT in your thread Darky, but that kinda pissed me off.

From experience of doing RBG i'm not sure that's how he ment it.

If you want success if RBG then you do kinda need to have some balance in roles and a decent spread of classes.

Stacking the same class is actually going to hinder you alot more in pvp than it would in pve.
eg. ideal set up for a RBG...
1 tanking class (for flag games)
3-4 healers
5-6 DPS with a mix of CC/heal reduction skills.

If you go in with 3 restro druids as your healer's then you'll get torn apart by any half decent RBG team.
Same as if most your DPS were rogues or warlocks due to utilities and DM on CC.
You do need to be more selective i think for pvp, if you want to have a half decent shot at getting anywhere as it is about beating a unpredictable, working team than beating a scripted event.
Any weakness can easily be exploited unlike in pve where you can patch over and make do and as Ko said... "It's only fun when you win"
Edited by Psylence on 24-08-2011 23:11

Psylence

Iancujianu wrote:
Psy is a good BG leeder

I wouldn't say that tbh... i know the basics of how a map should be played but not how all class's work...

Similar reasons why i've turned down raid leader surgestions...

I don't want to commit to running something reguarly as i have other commitments out of game that can disrtupt it.

I'm very competative, I'd expect too much from indivduals and proberly upset people to the point where they don't wanna take part anymore.

Alchy
I have no issue with the description of how to make a good RBG team Psy, or the comments on people gearing themselves before joining a guild group (this also applies to PvE incidentally not just PvP).

Psylence

Alchy wrote:
I have no issue with the description of how to make a good RBG team Psy, or the comments on people gearing themselves before joining a guild group (this also applies to PvE incidentally not just PvP).

But you just said you take offence to his comment...
He's basically saying what i explained in a lil more detail.

If we went into a RBG with the classes we've typically gone into raids with over the past few weeks then we'd get turned over 90% of the time.
You're better off not going in at all if all we had was 2-3 restro druids, 4-5 DKs and then whatever else makes up the numbers, where as in a raid you can just about manage and get something out of it.

RBG/Arena's are about winning, you don't gain anything from a loss with a poorly put togther team. So you do need to be more selective about what you take.

Darkwon
Okies, well regardless of all the above, WHO is willing to take this on?!? No point discussing how it should be done if no one is actually gonna get the ball rolling.
If the PvE dept are doing things wrong, lets save that to another thread, but this is a chance for the right person/s to do this the "right" way, if they so choose....thats kinda the whole point of the thread

So.......Do we have any volunteers before we go any further.

Iancujianu
I want to join in RBG group as PvP arms MS and FC 4k resil OS. I lack the skills and experience to lead the battleground.
I like Psy's leading becose he uses short and functional commands but if he dosen't want to do this we'l just have to find someone else.
RBG group dosen't need to be runned regulary as long as peeople that have geard PvP toon make themselves avalable for 1 hour when they are online.
People shoudn't get upset if they are told they don't have gemmed/enchanted season 10 in every slot or " you wore in the flag recap team" also they shoudn't be called "incompetent noob idiot" Smile we must find a way to get an above avarege group. BTW the 75 victories mount is awsome.
A good start would be randomly organising and joining guild groups, losing some games and not being so hard on raidlider or members until we get a good PvP officer.

Alchy
Incidentally I am up for RBG as paladin healer. I'm not fully geared yet but will be before lookin to join Smile doesnt take long now to get 371 or better. As far as running the thing goes, I'd vote for Psy too, hes probably the most confident on TS who also regularly PvPs. Not being able to guaruntee to be there isnt usually an issue as long as you can have someone in reserve to take over if needed. Much like raidleading. Also full knowledge of all classes isnt usually an issue either as long as you know the rough strengths and weaknesses of them for what you need, again like raidleading. As far as PvP rank and inviting PvP only ppl to guild goes, lets hold on that for the moment and see how this works out.
Edited by Alchy on 25-08-2011 14:55

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
Any one still really use this website?

Yep
Yep
14% [2 Votes]

Only very ocassionally
Only very ocassionally
71% [10 Votes]

Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
14% [2 Votes]

Votes: 14
You must login to vote.
Started: 28/10/2018 12:48

Polls Archive
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01-01-2024 13:01
happy new year !

08-06-2023 10:47
Shock

12-11-2022 02:07
Thanks for keeping the site alive <3

08-11-2022 07:59
Hi! How are you guys? How life is treating you? Just growing older, building our lives, finding no time, the usual stuff... Grin

18-11-2021 16:32
Been working from home since march last year - but walk away from taht laptop at 4pm not to return til 7:30 next day! lol you?

08-11-2021 07:31
How are you doing guys? Working from home day and night, or quit your job? Kisses!

07-06-2021 20:22
still alive, TBC classic on the menu these days!

26-04-2020 19:50
Hi Guys! Not playing wow but still alive! How are you all? Kisses! Wink

27-01-2020 13:49
I played Classic until I was nearly level 60. It needs The Burning Crusade really for me though. I am lurking around Daggerspine again for a while, trying to get used to the changes lol

24-01-2020 09:29
Komodo (Antique) and Thebizzy are playing WoW classic these days. You're more than welcome to join us if you'd like. We're on the Bloodfang server =)

08-01-2020 18:26
Hey guys, Hope you are all well for 2020! Still think about our old raiding days and honestly miss it and you lot. xxx

08-09-2019 21:11
Hello! How is everyone? Are some of us still playing? Wow classic maybe? I miss the whole thing... kisses!

10-08-2019 14:34
there is a tbo discord server now https://discord.gg
/pfBNpyg

10-08-2019 13:33
doing a great job keeping the page alive ! so clasit where are we going ?

20-12-2018 22:25
TBO FOREVER! Grin

Top Top  3,445,619 unique visits  Top Top