Hottest Threads
No Threads created
Advertisment

View Thread
 Print Thread
GW2
Joe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsgB9-...sgB9-1mysM

The video's ****ing annoying, because the camera man's too busy wanking to film properly, but you can see it well enough I suppose.

Anyway, I've played GW since it was released, and it's a fun game. GW2 looks quite new and interesting, I'm definitely considering buying it when it's released, but I know damn well I'll get bored out of my brains on my own.

Has anyone else given GW2 any thought? It'll be a very long time before it's released, but hey, can't hurt to think about it (unless you're Org, then it does hurt to think).

Tom
YES!, me and zeon have been obsessing over this since it was announced Pfft already chosen race, class and set up XD
think z has a couple of friends joining us when it launches, would be awesome to have some tbo'ers come too Smile
sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/8/6/1/3/9/4586139yVhBx.png
"Tanking is skill, Dps is science, Healing is art"

Luthar
Have been following concept artists diaries in FX mag so i will be around to see the stuff ingame so you can surely count me in for as long as my gay-side is mused Pfft No jokes on "forever" please ^^
" I, I don't know why... But for some apparent reason, I can't stand women with sexy bodies. On a side note, flat-chested girls like you have absolutely no effect on me."
/Laharl, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness

Joe
I'm not sure what race, class, etc, I'm gonna play. Leaning towards Human Elementalist, but if the Asura get a Golem from day 1, then that might be fun, but then the Sylvari seem interesting too. So I dunno.

They don't have an Assassin class this time around, which is a shame since it was really fun in GW, although from what I've seen; Thief is pretty much the same thing.

I've got plenty of time to think about it, the game probably won't even be released this year.

Joe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=377SP2...77SP2ASHEg

Here's another video showing pretty much the same thing, and more. This camera man wasn't tossing himself off either.

Starting to get a bit excited about this game, tbh. I'm noticing a LOT of differences from GW that are good. You're not forced to pick up groups or play with NPCs for one, which is nice, and you can actually meet other people outside of towns. The spells you use are looking to be more situational instead of depending on a rotation (Jagged Strike, Fox Fangs, Death Blossom, repeat, is all my Assassin ever did, and everything around me died).

I hope they do something about the servers this time too, my latency is always terrible.

Alchy
Love the way the guy says how unique guild wars was and how they plan on having GW2 using the same values, and then spends 30 mins explaining how theyre gona turn it into WoW as 'theyve found' ppl prefer things done that way Smile

I also feel they'd have done better to get a marketing guy instead of a programmer, to make the presentation
i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv94/Shendaynor/AlchySigFirelands-1.png

mato
hehe good one alchy!
bildr.no/thumb/481397.jpeg

Joe
I don't much see how it's being described as the same as WoW. They're making it more open-world, like WoW, but that's as far as that goes. GW had everything completely instanced, it was impossible to run into other players unless you were in a town; they're changing that so that you can meet other players everywhere.

Differences I've noticed:

-They're not wasting time with quest text, which I think is good, since I only ever skim read them at most.

-You're not forced to group with anyone, ever, which I also like, since in GW you HAD to group with either other players, or NPCs, and the NPC AI was ridiculous, and in WoW you can't solo instances or raids unless you're out leveling the place or overpowered.

-You'll not need to fight for kills or loot when someone else shows up in your area. I hate trying to quickly grab a mob to kill before someone else tags it.

-The classes are going to be very versatile, so you'll not be standing around going "ZOMG, why are there no tanks?" "FS, why are there no healers?" "We've got too many tanks, one of you has to **** off."

-If the healing power of healers will be the same as in GW, then you'll have to actually pay attention to keep yourself alive, as healers were only ever support, which I like, since really it'll be your fault if you die, instead of just blaming the healer or tank. In WoW you can pretty much rely on your healers to keep you alive, while only needing to do the obvious of not standing in fire.

-There are no grind quests where you need to kill ten wolves, etc. At the most, you needed to clear an area of invading mobs in GW, which was completed as soon as the last mob in the area died, regardless of how many you had to kill.

-Everyone can res, which is great. This was true in GW as well, so you were never in a position where you had to say "Sorry dude, you'll have to run, I'm a Warrior..."

-They keep on story lines. Pretty much everything in GW was closely related to the main story, and there was a main story line that you could follow all the way through the game if you wanted to ignore side-quests, they'll no doubt have that in GW2 also. WoW was all about random quests of someone needing you to go and pick up their berries from the vinyard, or go and kill ten ogres on the hill because the quest giver's half cousin twice removed's step son scraped his knee near them.

-Sidekicking, which I've had in other games, is brilliant, since you can help people out without being absurdly overpowered in the lower areas. In WoW, you had to make a new char to do that, and level it up to their level. Or you boosted them through the game and they hit max level as a complete noob.

-The world changes around you based on the actions of all the players. In WoW, we did some things like that, (referring to Hyjal and other similar places) but they were just quest lines, and once they were done, they were done.

-The introduction of other races is like WoW, but tbh WoW isn't the only game to have the option of playing more than one race. Also, all but one of the new races fought together at the end of GW, and an alliance was pretty much formed. It's only natural that they'd be playable in the game's sequel.

-You don't pay to play. Insta-win. So I don't feel I'm wasting money when the game's dev team decide to completely change my character into something I don't want to play, and make content that will eventually be nerfed to hell and become boring.

I'll agree that The Shatterer (The big dragon in the video that you see during the Charr bit), an elemental dragon of earth, who, along with the other dragons, burst from below the world, reshaping it as they did, has pretty much the same story as Deathwing, let alone appearance. I'm not sure what ArenaNet were thinking when they made him, but I doubt he was intentionally copied from Deathwing, since The Shatterer was no doubt made ages before Cataclysm was announced.

Also, I don't think they should have got a marketing guy in, since he would've just fed everyone bull**** to sell the game, instead of saying what's in it and what they're doing.

At the end of the day, it's a game I pay for once, and can put on the shelf if it turns out to suck. I'm really interested in its innovation, and I'll buy it when it's released so I can build a better opinion of it.

Alchy
I dont want to knock it, cos I'd love to have a go at a good, free to play MMO, just from that vid at least, this doesnt look like the one. I'm not gona rewatch the vid to pick out all the guys turnarounds on what guildwars was, and is gona become this time, but there was quite a bit that instantly was headed towards mainstream mmo (ie wow and all the ones before/since), which tbh isnt that surprising, its a format thats been around a long time, and has only evolved to what we expect from an mmo nowadays.
And I mentioned the lack of a marketing guy cos this fella made a piss poor job of presenting his companys product, he was disjointed and seemingly uninformed and couldve done a whole lot better, specially seeing this was their big eu debut?

Also the whole storlyine thing looks a bit annoying? I mean the personal journal thing where you create your own 'special diary' kinda thing. Fine for an offline RPGI gue ss but I cant see me at least wanting this in a MMO.

Hope I'm wrong, and it rocks Smile
i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv94/Shendaynor/AlchySigFirelands-1.png

Joe
I want it to rock too, and I don't know if I'm just too enthralled in the shiny new game aspect of it, or if I'm being too biased on it being a sequel to a game I've enjoyed to see between the lines of what the guy's saying or not, but I really feel that it's going to be something that will avoid the pitfalls that WoW and other MMOs lead you into; instead of being a money grabbing game it'll instead be entertainment, like GW was. I'm not saying WoW doesn't entertain me, I'm enjoying Firelands as much as the next person, I'm pretty sure that it'll soon become same-old.

Not to discredit WoW though; I've found that Blizzard are trying to put some thought into boss encounters, like Magmaw needing two people to jump up and pull him down, or Rhyolith being much different to typical tank 'n' spank bosses. But guild wars is going to be quite different still.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
Any one still really use this website?

Yep
Yep
14% [2 Votes]

Only very ocassionally
Only very ocassionally
71% [10 Votes]

Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
14% [2 Votes]

Votes: 14
You must login to vote.
Started: 28/10/2018 12:48

Polls Archive
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01-01-2024 13:01
happy new year !

08-06-2023 10:47
Shock

12-11-2022 02:07
Thanks for keeping the site alive <3

08-11-2022 07:59
Hi! How are you guys? How life is treating you? Just growing older, building our lives, finding no time, the usual stuff... Grin

18-11-2021 16:32
Been working from home since march last year - but walk away from taht laptop at 4pm not to return til 7:30 next day! lol you?

08-11-2021 07:31
How are you doing guys? Working from home day and night, or quit your job? Kisses!

07-06-2021 20:22
still alive, TBC classic on the menu these days!

26-04-2020 19:50
Hi Guys! Not playing wow but still alive! How are you all? Kisses! Wink

27-01-2020 13:49
I played Classic until I was nearly level 60. It needs The Burning Crusade really for me though. I am lurking around Daggerspine again for a while, trying to get used to the changes lol

24-01-2020 09:29
Komodo (Antique) and Thebizzy are playing WoW classic these days. You're more than welcome to join us if you'd like. We're on the Bloodfang server =)

08-01-2020 18:26
Hey guys, Hope you are all well for 2020! Still think about our old raiding days and honestly miss it and you lot. xxx

08-09-2019 21:11
Hello! How is everyone? Are some of us still playing? Wow classic maybe? I miss the whole thing... kisses!

10-08-2019 14:34
there is a tbo discord server now https://discord.gg
/pfBNpyg

10-08-2019 13:33
doing a great job keeping the page alive ! so clasit where are we going ?

20-12-2018 22:25
TBO FOREVER! Grin

Top Top  3,449,635 unique visits  Top Top