Top wod thoughts?
Hottest Threads
No Threads created
Advertisment

View Thread
 Print Thread
Computer prob
Darkwon
Sorry but it doesn't look like I will be able to make tonights raid as I appear to be having some issues with my machine. Psylence was planning to lead it anyway so hopefully you can find a replacement for me to do the points etc.
It locks up on my windows account login screen and will only open in safe mode. I have done this and started scanning etc, but so far nothing. I did restore too, but nothing again ;(
Dunno if its related but last night I got booted from ts and couldn't log back in, and so eventually I just went to bed, but I wonder if it was a nasty getting in and causing this today.

Any ideas or similar situations, please let me know.

BeastPriest
You running AVG? Or any other Anti Virus like that? Remove it and try logging in. Use Avast, AVG sucks anyway! Pfft

Have you done any Windows Updates in the last couple of days?

Do you have another account you can log into other than the one you normally use?
If so, can you login with that?
If logging in as another user works, you may be able to delete your other profile and log in as you again?
You will lose favourites, desktop shortcuts and any data in your my documents etc if you delete the profile though!

All I can think of right now.
img594.imageshack.us/img594/6950/tazp.pngi.imgur.com/zQ021Zs.pngi.imgur.com/IIM34ns.pngi.imgur.com/cEXBSmo.png

Darkwon
I am already using AVAST and have run full scans in safe mode and it has fixed nothing =(

I haven't noticed any updates, and when I did the system restore thing in safe mode it made no difference either.

I have only one account profile except Admin ofc, but this I can only get to in safe mode, I will try creating another user see if that works. Is there anyway I can totally bypass the user account page?

Thanks Beast, keep the advice coming please

Okies, created new account but that doesn't work either. Its odd because its like there is a prob with that as it won't even allow me to pick a user at all outside of safe mode. It kinda locks up on that screen and shows me the eggtimer and allows curser movement untill i spam right click then it completely freezes the mouse.

Every reset is the same, If i click the account fast enough it looks like it will start up, but it freezes about 2 sec later. Pretty weird tbh
Edited by Darkwon on 22-01-2011 09:53

Saichel
I had the same problem too, and the only thing I could to was to reinstall my whole computer and then removed the password for logging in, so it automaticly logged me in when I started the computer. mine said that there was a file that crashed so I couldn't log in tho, don't know if it's the same for you.

mato
can be a problem whit heat , have you had a look inside the pc .
cleaning out dust from fans and heatsinks may be a solution , a pc fill "freez" if it gets to hot .

getting a can of compresed air and using the vacum cleaner you shud have no problem blowing the dust a way and having the nosele of the vacum cleaner behind to catche the dust .
bildr.no/thumb/481397.jpeg

BeastPriest
Go into safemode and run msconfig from the run box. In the startup list turn off anything that looks wierd and reboot. See if that helps.

Also, have you checked your event logs to see what it says?
img594.imageshack.us/img594/6950/tazp.pngi.imgur.com/zQ021Zs.pngi.imgur.com/IIM34ns.pngi.imgur.com/cEXBSmo.png

Darkwon
I have admitted defeat and flattened the whole thing, put Windows 7 on it and am now re- installing Wow. I spent all day searching for my WoW discs only to realise I had lent Vanilla to a mate. Luckily I then realised I could dl the whole thing through Battle net, and finally started to chill out =)

Thanks for the help btw everyone

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
Any one still really use this website?

Yep
Yep
14% [2 Votes]

Only very ocassionally
Only very ocassionally
71% [10 Votes]

Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
14% [2 Votes]

Votes: 14
You must login to vote.
Started: 28/10/2018 12:48

Polls Archive
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01-01-2024 13:01
happy new year !

08-06-2023 10:47
Shock

12-11-2022 02:07
Thanks for keeping the site alive <3

08-11-2022 07:59
Hi! How are you guys? How life is treating you? Just growing older, building our lives, finding no time, the usual stuff... Grin

18-11-2021 16:32
Been working from home since march last year - but walk away from taht laptop at 4pm not to return til 7:30 next day! lol you?

08-11-2021 07:31
How are you doing guys? Working from home day and night, or quit your job? Kisses!

07-06-2021 20:22
still alive, TBC classic on the menu these days!

26-04-2020 19:50
Hi Guys! Not playing wow but still alive! How are you all? Kisses! Wink

27-01-2020 13:49
I played Classic until I was nearly level 60. It needs The Burning Crusade really for me though. I am lurking around Daggerspine again for a while, trying to get used to the changes lol

24-01-2020 09:29
Komodo (Antique) and Thebizzy are playing WoW classic these days. You're more than welcome to join us if you'd like. We're on the Bloodfang server =)

08-01-2020 18:26
Hey guys, Hope you are all well for 2020! Still think about our old raiding days and honestly miss it and you lot. xxx

08-09-2019 21:11
Hello! How is everyone? Are some of us still playing? Wow classic maybe? I miss the whole thing... kisses!

10-08-2019 14:34
there is a tbo discord server now https://discord.gg
/pfBNpyg

10-08-2019 13:33
doing a great job keeping the page alive ! so clasit where are we going ?

20-12-2018 22:25
TBO FOREVER! Grin

Top Top  3,449,832 unique visits  Top Top