View Thread
The Blade Order » World of Warcraft » Warcraft Chat
 Print Thread
Exalted with TBO!!
Nydema
Semi Confirmed release date

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1...uild-13117

Cataclysm Release Date
Season 9 starts on December 14th, expect Cataclysm on that day or one week before. (But if you've been reading the site you already know that)

* +ARENA_MASTER_NO_SEASON_TEXT = "Arena battles and Rated Battlegrounds are only available during an active player versus player combat season. Season nine will begin on December 14th, so be prepared at that time to take your shot at glory!";

img37.imageshack.us/img37/4727/b2zx.png

Nydema
Something that makes my head hurt the new raid lockout system, and it's coming in patch 4.0 before Cataclysm to affect ruby sanctum & ICC!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1...m-in-4.0.1

BeastPriest
I kinda like those changes tbh. Not sure about the heroic restrictions but pretty good change anyway.

mato
yea raid id's like that is great for tbo , we can make raids more easely , start the week 25 man , do som 10 if we are missing ppl ( as we ofthen do ) and then maby sombody started a nr2 10 man and is missing som ppl 1 day , well you can get som "saved" ppl to move over to that raid id .

quite simple realy
bildr.no/thumb/481397.jpeg

Alchy
I have genuinely never hated blizzard more than I do right now Smile
i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv94/Shendaynor/AlchySigFirelands-1.png

mato
how come ?
bildr.no/thumb/481397.jpeg

Joe
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Nydema
Release date for 4.0.3 Is close it seems

Patch 4.0.1 Release Date "Gone"
Bad news everyone! The release date for Patch 4.0.1 is gone from the Streaming Trial Download page and it no longer displays October 5th or October 12th.
media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2010/september/400stream.jpg

Good news everyone! The latest Cataclysm build changed the version of the game to 4.0.3 instead of 4.0.1, it means that Blizzard is most likely done with PTR builds. Blizzard probably decided to hide the dates just in case something bad happens but I think you can still expect 4.0.1 on live servers very soon, especially with all the recent announcements about it.
media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2010/september/401build.jpg

The below link has a few big spoiler videos so i advice staying away if you don't want to ruin anything Wink

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1...Blue-Posts

Alchy
Because of statements like

This evolution in raid philosophy is built on the belief that the size of your raiding group should be a choice based solely on what's more fun and enjoyable for you, and that you should not have to complete the same raiding content twice in a week to maximize your character's progression
bull****, which is just another way of saying 'we're planning on taking more of the fun and diversity outta the game'. And because from being a nice simple 25/10man raiding guild, we now have the added complication of not being able to start a fresh run in a different size, if some of the people who previously raided arent online, and having to persuade more ppl to join raids with bosses already dead. Which ok was never a prob back in the old days, but will be a bit of a culture shock for some. And also, I dont see this 'flexibility' is much use anyway, as face it, whos gonna be running 25man anyway just for a bit of extra gold and badges, when its so much easier to make and run 10's. Also they show exactly how meaningless it is, by the fact that they dont allow the flexibility with heroic raids, just normal, so, where it might actually make a difference, its not allowed.
Realisitcally, whatever problems this throws up we can work around ofc, but, this seems like a halfassed cheap cop out solution to a problem they caused by deciding on the 1 boss 1 kill per week idea. If they want that, then MAKE ONE RAID SIZE PER INSTANCE ftw.. Pfft This is why I hate blizz, because of the general 'dumbing down' of the game, ie, catering soley for the lowest denominator of players. Which I still think is counterproductive, as theres really nothing good to aspire to anymore.
Edited by Alchy on 04-10-2010 11:46

Nydema
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1999-World-of-Warcraft-Cataclysm-released-on-December-7th#comments

World of Warcraft(R): Cataclysm(TM) in Stores Starting December 7

IRVINE, Calif., Oct 04, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced that World of Warcraft(R): Cataclysm(TM), the highly anticipated third expansion for the world's most popular subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game*, will be released starting on December 7, 2010. The expansion will be available on DVD-ROM for Windows(R) XP/Windows Vista(R)/Windows(R) 7 and Macintosh(R) at a suggested retail price of $39.99 and will also be offered as a digital download from the Blizzard Store. A special Collector's Edition packed with bonus items will be available exclusively in retail stores for a suggested retail price of $79.99.

"Cataclysm includes the best content we've ever created for World of Warcraft. It's not just an expansion, but a re-creation of much of the original Azeroth, complete with epic new high-level adventures for current players and a redesigned leveling experience for those just starting out," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "With the help of our beta testers, we're putting on the final polish, and we look forward to welcoming gamers around the world to enjoy it in just a couple of months."

The first two World of Warcraft expansions, The Burning Crusade(R) and Wrath of the Lich King(R), each shattered PC game sales records upon their release.* In Cataclysm, the face of Azeroth will be forever altered by the return of the corrupted Dragon Aspect Deathwing. Players will explore once-familiar areas of the world that have now been reshaped by the devastation and filled with new adventures. In an effort to survive the planet-shattering cataclysm, two new playable races — worgen and goblins — will join the struggle between the Alliance and the Horde. As players journey to the new level cap of 85, they'll discover newly revealed locations, acquire new levels of power, and come face to face with Deathwing in a battle to determine the fate of the world.

The beta test for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is currently underway. Visit the official Battle.net(R) website at http://www.battle.net to set up a Battle.net account and sign up for a chance to participate. To learn more about World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, visit http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm.

Luthar
The "dumbing down" Al is very appearent in both beta and ptr atm. Tooltips on heals for example now say things like "Quick but lesser heal, expensive, should only be used in crisis" and "Slow but heavy heal, should be used when damage is steady". I think its Inquisition for ret pallys that says "Best used at 3 stacks of holy power for maximum damage". its like saying "5 combopoints makes eviscerate deal the most damage" The game is becoming dumber in every way. Ofc we will work around the problems cata presents, and im sure we will enjoy the expansion, but from what i have seen in the beta, it is a new game. Im not saying for the worse, im actually happy to see elements from vanilla come back like with gear (then we had spell powe and healing power, now we'll have intellect and spirit topped with restrictions due to gearmastery) just that we should be prepared for the change. 4.0.1 will make a smoother transition, but it will also make raiding alien the time before cata.
" I, I don't know why... But for some apparent reason, I can't stand women with sexy bodies. On a side note, flat-chested girls like you have absolutely no effect on me."
/Laharl, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness

Luthar
Cutey wanted to see the new forms for the new druids, so i logged a druid, dinged him to 8 (yup, catform at lvl 8 now, and bear at 15 (LFG is 15 so it makes sense)) and made pictures of the catforms. IMO they look amazing, and from what ive been told by ferals on the beta, feral is the new faceroll classes.

Worgen cat
i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae275/TherealLuthar/Worgdruid.jpg

Troll cat
i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae275/TherealLuthar/trolldruid.jpg imo looks alot like RedXIII in final fantasy, what with the braids and the mohawk, together with the tattoo on the side.
www.fantasysquare.com/ff7/characters/images/red13.gif
" I, I don't know why... But for some apparent reason, I can't stand women with sexy bodies. On a side note, flat-chested girls like you have absolutely no effect on me."

Luthar

We will be introducing a new, hard cap of 600 members in a single guild for Cataclysm. This function will go live with patch 4.0.1 and is already live on the beta and PTR's.

As most of you already know, we have supported a soft cap of 500 members in a guild since World of Warcraft launched. We have allowed guilds to exceed the 500 limit up until now since being in a guild really just amounted to ranks and chat channels. With the advent of the new guild system in Cataclysm we are tracking many more things on each individual player in a guild and in order to support that, we need to limit the amount of members to a reasonable level.

The new cap of 600 members is fully supported in the new guild system and that means that everyone will be visible in the ui and able to contribute to all guild functions like experience and reputation gain. We have pulled a large number of statistics to get to the 600 member cap for guilds and we are happy to say that this value covers more than 99.9% of all the active guilds in World of Warcraft.

The small number of guilds that are over the 600 person cap will be able to keep their guilds intact (and fully supported in the new guild system), but they will not be able to add new members until they fall below the 600 member cap

Some info on what we are actually getting before Cata.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2...Blue-Posts

Nydema
Something a few people have been asking the amount of Jsutice Points we get per instance.
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2004-Cataclysm-Justice-Point-Drop-Quantities

Although we’ve revealed some details of the conversion process (https://forums.wow-europe.com/thread...74620794&sid=1), many of you have asked how many Justice and Valor Points bosses and daily dungeons will actually award. This list is incomplete, and the values may still change, but it covers the majority of the content we’ve been asked about.

* Lich King Heroic dungeon boss -- 16 Justice Points
* Lich King daily normal dungeon -- 12 Justice Points
* Lich King daily Heroic dungeon -- 23 Justice Points
* Lich King raid boss -- 23 Justice Points

* Cataclysm Heroic dungeon boss -- 75 Justice Points
* Cataclysm daily normal dungeon -- 75 Justice Points
* Cataclysm daily Heroic dungeon -- 75 Valor Points
* Cataclysm 10-player raid boss -- 75 Valor Points
* Cataclysm 25-player raid boss -- 105 Valor Points

It’s important to note that once you outgrow content, by leveling past it by a predetermined amount, you’ll no longer gain points. The ‘outgrown’ level for end-game Wrath of the Lich King content is likely to be level 81. Once you level beyond Lich King content you’ll still be able to enter the dungeons, kill bosses, and see their drops, but they will not award you with points. This same principle applies to all content that provides Justice Points, including content from The Burning Crusade.

So it's basicly farm Heroics with Alts for Tier 10 loot, you get the same amount in Current Raids from bosses so it's quicker to now farm HC's
Edited by Nydema on 06-10-2010 17:32

Elywin
The release date in Denmark is december 7th... going to pre-order it today...
img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/Johns3n/Sigs/elywin_sig.jpg

Luthar
Tree of life..... HOLY ****ING **** OMG ILL BE USING MY DRUID AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG
media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2010/october/druidtreeoflife.jpg

chazyj
i'm likeing the dk look

i51.tinypic.com/4ihf7l.jpg
1. chesney

slang name for a guy with a huge wang.
"woow your chesney is massive"

Luthar
Blizz played dantes inferno much? Pfft Phlegyas, the guy you ride on top of the head of in the styx marsh.

www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2009/06/e3conceptart_phlegyas.jpg

Luthar
All sets are out now (I LOVE the pally one xD)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2...ls-Preview

Alchy
You guys like those sets? Grin Looks like we're gona be playing Aquaman vs Power Rangers

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
Any one still really use this website?

Yep
Yep
14% [2 Votes]

Only very ocassionally
Only very ocassionally
71% [10 Votes]

Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
14% [2 Votes]

Votes: 14
You must login to vote.
Started: 28/10/2018 12:48

Polls Archive
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01-01-2024 13:01
happy new year !

08-06-2023 10:47
Shock

12-11-2022 02:07
Thanks for keeping the site alive <3

08-11-2022 07:59
Hi! How are you guys? How life is treating you? Just growing older, building our lives, finding no time, the usual stuff... Grin

18-11-2021 16:32
Been working from home since march last year - but walk away from taht laptop at 4pm not to return til 7:30 next day! lol you?

08-11-2021 07:31
How are you doing guys? Working from home day and night, or quit your job? Kisses!

07-06-2021 20:22
still alive, TBC classic on the menu these days!

26-04-2020 19:50
Hi Guys! Not playing wow but still alive! How are you all? Kisses! Wink

27-01-2020 13:49
I played Classic until I was nearly level 60. It needs The Burning Crusade really for me though. I am lurking around Daggerspine again for a while, trying to get used to the changes lol

24-01-2020 09:29
Komodo (Antique) and Thebizzy are playing WoW classic these days. You're more than welcome to join us if you'd like. We're on the Bloodfang server =)

08-01-2020 18:26
Hey guys, Hope you are all well for 2020! Still think about our old raiding days and honestly miss it and you lot. xxx

08-09-2019 21:11
Hello! How is everyone? Are some of us still playing? Wow classic maybe? I miss the whole thing... kisses!

10-08-2019 14:34
there is a tbo discord server now https://discord.gg
/pfBNpyg

10-08-2019 13:33
doing a great job keeping the page alive ! so clasit where are we going ?

20-12-2018 22:25
TBO FOREVER! Grin

Top Top  3,466,759 unique visits  Top Top