Advertisment

View Thread
The Blade Order » World of Warcraft » Warcraft Chat
 Print Thread
Look Out
Joe
Just wanna show an e-mail that nearly ****ing got me here;

Greetings!

This is an automated notification regarding the recent change(s) made to your World of Warcraft account.Your password has recently been modified through the Password Recovery website.

If you made this password change, please disregard this notification.However, if you did NOT make changes to your password, we recommend you Login verify your password:http://wow-batt1e.net/If you are unable to successfully verify your password using the automated system, please contact Billing & Account Services at 1-800-59-BLIZZARD (1-800-592-5499) Mon-Fri, 8am-8pm Pacific Time or at billing@blizzard.com/

Account security is solely the responsibility of the account holder. Please be advised that in the event of a compromised account, Blizzard representatives typically must lock the account.In these cases the Account Administration team will require faxed receipt of ID materials before releasing the account for play.

Regards,

The World of Warcraft Support TeamBlizzard Entertainment

They spelt battle with a number one instead of an L, nearly ****ing fell for that, and how the **** did they get my e-mail? Getting really ****ed off with this ****ing bull**** now.

It's usually the grammar that gives it away, "we recommend you Login verify your password" isn't correct english; so that along with the "batt1e" is strike two, this is a bull**** e-mail.

So just, to everyone, go over a "blizzard" e-mail with a fine-toothed comb before you believe it.

Heads up to anyone else getting that e-mail.
Edited by Joe on 12-07-2010 07:56

Alchy
As you were required to give your email as part of your battlenet login, and as their awesome new chat system now asks u to give other ppl your email/battlenet/wow login, YAY to blizz for being so smart..
i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv94/Shendaynor/AlchySigFirelands-1.png

Heddy
I've had many similar ones also

Names changes, faction changes - they all very "real" looking

Nice post though Smile - Good to keep everyone on the look out!
Hed's dead baby, Hed's dead.

http://www.twitch.tv/gnubbz
Joe
I was really tired when I wrote that, but anyway;

If you do get an e-mail like that, you instantly think "WTF? who's changed my password??" then go, using the link provided, to log in to try and save your account.

That's the con, if you ever get an e-mail like that;

Firstly, calm down because it's probably bull****, however it might not be. Take a good read through, paying attention to that link, and check for things like grammar errors. That particular e-mail (the real one) that you get from blizzard from a password change is automated, so they've had time to spell every letter correctly. I know a lot of the people in our guild aren't english, (and even the ones that are have bad english Pfft) but still, take the time to look for obvious stuff like that. If it doesn't read right, then be suspicious about it.

Second, probably best to take a quick scan for spyware / malware and anything else you can scan for.

Third, log directly into wow. If you can still log in, then your password obviously hasn't been changed. (What you're looking for is a "wrong password" error, don't mistake the server's being down for being hacked, and make sure you definitely typed it correctly too.) If you EVER want to get to the battle.net site, type it in yourself or use something from the launcher.

Fourth, if you've got this far and your account seems fine, delete the bull**** e-mail, or feel free to reply to it telling the sender that he's a stupid ass wanker and that no one is going to fall for that crappy ass link!

Tired of people being hacked, so i'm just trying to raise awareness a little bit.

Luthar
All blizzards mails regarding your account starts with "noreply" (noreplyeu@blizzard.com). Blizz works with America, so everything in the mail will be littered with disclaimers and ways to rid themselves of responsibility. If the mail looks simple, it isnt blizzard. =P

/Luth
Edited by Luthar on 12-07-2010 11:42

mato
Easyest is no never klick links in emails , jues head over the the proppor battle site and login ther to se if anything is going on .

ther normlay is 10-20 mails like that in my spamfolder evey week now a days , offring mounts , beta acounts , saying i been baned , sombody changed my pw .

its all just BS !
bildr.no/thumb/481397.jpeg

Versipellis
"A blizzard employee never asks for your password." keep in mind and pls don't fall for that.. i know they become more frequent these days i erase like 5 mails like this one every week and i feel really sorry for the weak minded friends who fall for that..

so don't make me call you an idiot and stay safe : P

one mail was from "blizzard@hotmail.com" and the other one says "Blizzard Entertainmen" in the end as signature.. so yeah..
Edited by Versipellis on 12-07-2010 15:25
www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/6/2/9/3/2/2362932nlaAG.png
DPS with a "tude".. How suprising..

You can run.. But you just die tired..

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
Any one still really use this website?

Yep
Yep
14% [2 Votes]

Only very ocassionally
Only very ocassionally
71% [10 Votes]

Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
14% [2 Votes]

Votes: 14
You must login to vote.
Started: 28/10/2018 12:48

Polls Archive
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01-01-2024 13:01
happy new year !

08-06-2023 10:47
Shock

12-11-2022 02:07
Thanks for keeping the site alive <3

08-11-2022 07:59
Hi! How are you guys? How life is treating you? Just growing older, building our lives, finding no time, the usual stuff... Grin

18-11-2021 16:32
Been working from home since march last year - but walk away from taht laptop at 4pm not to return til 7:30 next day! lol you?

08-11-2021 07:31
How are you doing guys? Working from home day and night, or quit your job? Kisses!

07-06-2021 20:22
still alive, TBC classic on the menu these days!

26-04-2020 19:50
Hi Guys! Not playing wow but still alive! How are you all? Kisses! Wink

27-01-2020 13:49
I played Classic until I was nearly level 60. It needs The Burning Crusade really for me though. I am lurking around Daggerspine again for a while, trying to get used to the changes lol

24-01-2020 09:29
Komodo (Antique) and Thebizzy are playing WoW classic these days. You're more than welcome to join us if you'd like. We're on the Bloodfang server =)

08-01-2020 18:26
Hey guys, Hope you are all well for 2020! Still think about our old raiding days and honestly miss it and you lot. xxx

08-09-2019 21:11
Hello! How is everyone? Are some of us still playing? Wow classic maybe? I miss the whole thing... kisses!

10-08-2019 14:34
there is a tbo discord server now https://discord.gg
/pfBNpyg

10-08-2019 13:33
doing a great job keeping the page alive ! so clasit where are we going ?

20-12-2018 22:25
TBO FOREVER! Grin

Top Top  3,481,221 unique visits  Top Top