Hottest Threads
No Threads created
Advertisment

View Thread
The Blade Order » World of Warcraft » Warcraft Chat
 Print Thread
Transitional Phase Spirits
Rootzy
Just had a thought,somthing that might make it a lil easier.I was under the impression that ko normally takes the first spirit rich the 2nd and ko the third.Ive noticed that there cud be a slight issue this way as a few times after the trans phase when we run in rich has the spirit on him that needs to be dps'd down and ko has the one with the most health.Which means we have to run over to LK to burn richs spirit down whilst leaving ko in the spot where people are grping up ready for valkr.Hows about instead we do it rich takes first,ko takes second and rich takes 3rd.That way when we run in and grp around ko we are burning down the correct spirit and once it dies ko can taunt the one off of rich and then we burn that one down.This shud reduce movement quite a bit.I guess the sooner we can get those down the better coz then ko can use her stuns on the valk without taking out the melee with the spirits aoe.

Anyhoo just a thought im trying to think of ways we can save some time and dps stuff down quicker.

Alchy
If we have 2 spirits up after the transition, its a really bad thing. We need to get at least 2 burned down before we change back in, ideally third should be on its way down. Best way to do this is to be really tight on phase1, and make sure the shambling is the best part of dead before we phasechange so we can get dps straight onto the spirits. And then have a mark for first, seperate mark for second, so the DPS can have no issues immediately targeting/dpsing the right thing.
If however we do screw up a little, and we have to dps a horror a bit and we know its gonna be a prob, then yeh sure, we can switch the target around so I take first, ko second, me third. Hopefully we wont have to too many times, cos it puts a lot of extra pressure on the healers, phase2 is REALLY healing intensive on the LK tank, without having another hard hitting mob on me who silences as well Wink
i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv94/Shendaynor/AlchySigFirelands-1.png

Rootzy
Sure dude would be nice only have one up after that trans phase but in the event we have 2 this might help a lil.

Alchy
Following on from this, had a bit of a chat, and some more thoughts on what we should be trying to do to make the transitions easier for us.

As I see it at least, the problems we're having arent just about positioning in phase2 and the defile/valks, but the fact we usually have too many adds up whilst we're getting there, and ppl have to work much harder than they should, as well as having to deal with those. These problems are actually stemming from phase1, into transition, and then into phase2, and if we could fix that it would make learning phase2 a lot easier.

I'd like on friday, assuming we get a good raid with high dps, to try a couple of things slightly different from we have done so far. Firstly, would be nice to try using just the ghouls and the disease to kill the shambling horrors in phase1, and have all dps on the LK. This should enable us to burn through that phase a bit quicker, and if we work it right, get into transition with no shambling up and less ghouls. Which means we can get straight onto dpsing the spirits. On spirits, I'd like us to have MD to whichever tank is gonna be taking that one (ko first, me second, ko third), if cheetah can do that as well as dpsing the orbs successfully, cool, if not then maybe have someone else on orbs.. its gotta be better than losing a dps regularly at that stage, and also means we can have ppl going max dps on the spirits to get us into phase2 with just 1 up at most

Then in phase2, get our usual positions, and healers wont have to struggle so much keeping both tanks up as well as worring about their positioning during valks and defile. We're gonna try out the 'spread inside circle on defile, gather inside circle on valkyr' tactic. Not as a dig at Mr Marcele, but because I genuinely think it'll be easier for TBO. We arent as sharp as many of the hardcore guilds, at running fast, or running the right way, and this tac gives more margin for small error or slow moving.

Cant wait til Friday, really hope we get a good raid in and some fun tries Smile
i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv94/Shendaynor/AlchySigFirelands-1.png

Rootzy
Yes i feel that seems we have done phase 1 soooo many times now we can afford to try and tweek it to give us more time on the spirits in the trans phase and more time dpsing LK in p1 to push the phase.I recollect the healers saying that phase 1 is a bore to them and they have spare mana to play with so i think we can try and utlise the ghouls more as rich said to kill the horrors faster and to minimise the amount of ghouls that will be dragged across into the trans phase.

You could say that rich will take more damage this way but looking at it from another angle if executed properly we will minimise the amount of time on LK and push the phase quicker so it may work out the same sort of damage that rich takes as if it would doing it our normal way,seems we would be on LK for a longer period of time and the stacks will still be building up.

Once we can push to phase 2 with say only 1 spirit up on ko we will have a fighting chance to have some very nice attempts.We have a good 5/10 secs i think in phase 2 b4 the valk/defiles come so we really need to burn down that last spirit as we need beep beeps stuns on the valks and if she has an add in tow it will be difficult for her to position it so it doesnt aoe the mellee when she goes to stun the valks.

IMO i still see value in rich taking first spirit,ko on second rich on third for a couple of reasons.Easier for rich to gain aggro on them being a paladin which will minimise the risk of dps pulling,i guess they are undead which also works to palys advantage.Palys also have taunt and a grp taunt and consecrete and that undead aoe thing.Also in the event that we do have 2 spirits up when we push phase 2 ko will have the target that we will all be dpsing so we dont have to run over to rich and nuke his target near the LK and then run back to ko.I mean kos target shud be nearly dead so rich shudnt have the extra add for long,once kos is down she can taunt richs target and we all pew pew that one down.I know ideally we only want one spirit up in phase 2 but we need to be prepared if we do get 2 up and like i said if we do get 2 up the 2nd shud be nearly dead anyways.I just see more value doing it this way than ko taking 1st and 3rd.What do u guys think to doing it like this?

Missdirects on the spirits would really help alot of the hunter can do it imbetween nuking orbs.I mean i dont play hunter but how long shud it take to cast missdirect to ko?Is there a macro than can help this if ur short on time?

Anways im really looking foward to next LK raid and if u guys have any ideas or opinions on trying to make things better be nice to hear them.Smile

*Edit*I actually didnt realise that you can control the plague,I assumed when we ran over to ko and got dispelled it just jumps off to any of the near by targets,I just found out it will jump to the closest target to u at the point of being dispelled which might be useful if we wanna utilise the ghouls more.
Edited by Rootzy on 06-05-2010 16:15

marcele
Do as u please Mr. Alchy, now that we have apprently regressed to ingame char names. I am very sorry for trying to help out what I thought was my real home and my friends attempts at killing LK, I wont be offering any help or suggestions anymore, I just wish u all gl and kick some ass.....
i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv94/Shendaynor/Celex.gif

Kogirly
Marcy, dont take it like that dear.

We have tried your taccs for 5 days and its not a good one for us yet. We may go back to that taccs if we feel it was better but atm we want to try other taccs to to see what is the best for TBO.

We are always intrested in new ideas Smile

marcele
I would love to help out I have said that from the beginning, but when I am meet with hostility and attitude every time I offer my help it dont make me want to say anything. Furthermore as I hear it from Rens, and this is a quote from him, that you tried the tacts i suggested on 2 tries before u changed it then I dont understand how u can even say that u have tried. All in all I just dont get why its such a problem that I am making suggestions and offering my help and both my chars to help tbo get the LK down, but obviously it is because I am a part of some hardcore raiding guild and then my help is not wanted, so be it, I will help if asked otherwise all I can say is gl
i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv94/Shendaynor/Celex.gif

Kogirly
Dont take it personal marcy. We have tried your taccs for 5 days, yes we changed it abit with other spots instead of those you had shown to rens. We used the stairs and the portal instead of both sides of the stairs. The taccs is the same just different places.

But this was not what this thread was about so back on target. I have looked on some videos on this taccs of spreading out and I see some difficulties in this too but if we can have ppl not panicing and run to far out then we may have a chance.

About having the ghouls getting the plauge to kill the big adds. I have tried every try to taunt gholes of rich and jonny, sometimes the adds goes down really fast and sometimes they go down really slow and I will have 3 of the big adds up and hunters have to keep a look out for 3 enrages at the same time as they should dps the LK. Yes I can stun them every 30 sec, but I´m trying to get ghouls to me, they die very fast ans sometimes I have none to taunt of you guys and no big adds up and the plauge disapear and we need to start over when the last big add spawns. But im willing to try and have the hunters nuking down the LK and change to the Horrors when they enrage and just have me on them.

The biggest enemy we have atm is that ppl panic everytime after the first defile. Lets aproch this calmly and controled and we will get him down.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
Any one still really use this website?

Yep
Yep
14% [2 Votes]

Only very ocassionally
Only very ocassionally
71% [10 Votes]

Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
14% [2 Votes]

Votes: 14
You must login to vote.
Started: 28/10/2018 12:48

Polls Archive
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01-01-2024 13:01
happy new year !

08-06-2023 10:47
Shock

12-11-2022 02:07
Thanks for keeping the site alive <3

08-11-2022 07:59
Hi! How are you guys? How life is treating you? Just growing older, building our lives, finding no time, the usual stuff... Grin

18-11-2021 16:32
Been working from home since march last year - but walk away from taht laptop at 4pm not to return til 7:30 next day! lol you?

08-11-2021 07:31
How are you doing guys? Working from home day and night, or quit your job? Kisses!

07-06-2021 20:22
still alive, TBC classic on the menu these days!

26-04-2020 19:50
Hi Guys! Not playing wow but still alive! How are you all? Kisses! Wink

27-01-2020 13:49
I played Classic until I was nearly level 60. It needs The Burning Crusade really for me though. I am lurking around Daggerspine again for a while, trying to get used to the changes lol

24-01-2020 09:29
Komodo (Antique) and Thebizzy are playing WoW classic these days. You're more than welcome to join us if you'd like. We're on the Bloodfang server =)

08-01-2020 18:26
Hey guys, Hope you are all well for 2020! Still think about our old raiding days and honestly miss it and you lot. xxx

08-09-2019 21:11
Hello! How is everyone? Are some of us still playing? Wow classic maybe? I miss the whole thing... kisses!

10-08-2019 14:34
there is a tbo discord server now https://discord.gg
/pfBNpyg

10-08-2019 13:33
doing a great job keeping the page alive ! so clasit where are we going ?

20-12-2018 22:25
TBO FOREVER! Grin

Top Top  3,476,453 unique visits  Top Top