Top WoD raiding
Top Guild raid
Top wod thoughts?
Hottest Threads
No Threads created
Advertisment

View Thread
 Print Thread
Blizzard admin will no longer restore hacked accounts...
Heddy

WoW.com wrote:
In a stunning revelation from a veteran account administrator at Blizzard, WoW.com has learned that account administrators are being told by Blizzard managers not to restore people's characters and items after their account has been ransacked by gold sellers and keyloggers. Instead, account administrators are being told to give people a "care package" and get them to accept the package in lieu of total account restoration.

If the player does not accept this care package, they are then forced to go into a character restoration queue that is consistently several days to weeks long. According to sources familiar with the situation, this "care package policy" has been implemented in order to lighten the work load of those Blizzard employees who perform account restorations. Similar policies have existed at other times account compromises have been high, such as during the transition from Vanilla WoW to The Burning Crusade.

This care package being offered consists of the following:
2,500 gold
2 Emblems of Frost
10 Emblems of Triumph for every day the players has had to wait to receive the care package

If the player accepts the care package, their restoration case is considered closed and no additional items or gold will be restored on the account that were lost because of the security compromise.

This in my eyes is actually insane, what a bunch of nazi bastards! A few points to take from this though children,

- Don't reply to emails from "WeAreWowStaffHonest@hotmail.co.uk"
- Try and get an authenticator
- Make sure your pc anti-virus and spyware softwares are up to date
- Change your password at least once every couple of months, if not more.

Stay safe boys and girls, as it would seem Blizzard no longer have our backs in this fight against those ****ing **** eating ****ing **** ****ed wearing ****s...
Edited by Heddy on 08-01-2010 15:54
Hed's dead baby, Hed's dead.

http://www.twitch.tv/gnubbz
marcele
One should think that there would be a tiny bit of cash leftover for blizz to use on extra manpower, to either restore accounts or to maybe make the accounts a little harder to haxx now that they see how big a problem it is, and lol at the care package, I mean seriously, is that a ****ing joke?
i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv94/Shendaynor/Celex.gif

Dust
Has anyone considered the fact that people loosing their accounts to hacking are, despite the fact that a hacker will if they want to get into your computer, actually partly responsible for the security of their computers? Looking at the bigger picture, if you get your WoW account hacked, be happy that keylogger didn't give the hacker access to your online bank and emptied that out. You should protect your computer against keyloggers and general malware to secure the information on it so that people with worse intentions than stealing your wow account don't get in. If you have secured yourself from beeing hacked while logging your online bank, i can assure you you're safe from your wow account beeing hacked.

Other things you can do to secure your account;
Dont log onto your account at other peoples computers.
be selective when you download addons.

Personally i've never been hacked, and i know a lot of people who haven't been. Use some common sense Wink It usually helps and works.. I think that a lot of the blame when it comes to hacking is down to the user/person beeing hacked, not blizzard's fault. They can't be held accountable for the security of your computer.

That said however, i do agree that Blizzard should step up their game. They should be making enough money to help safeguard accounts and get more employees.
--We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and just a little bit scary.--

Dust - Level 85 paladin (Ret)
Antique - Level 85 druid (Feral dps/pvp resto)
Komodo - Level 82 Rogue (DPS... if you can call it that)
Azâzel - Level 85 Shaman (Restoration/DPS)

http://web.mac.com/henrik_voss
Heddy

marcele wrote:
One should think that there would be a tiny bit of cash leftover for blizz to use on extra manpower, to either restore accounts or to maybe make the accounts a little harder to haxx now that they see how big a problem it is

rumours are that with the expansion authenticators will become mandatory, but do not fear! they will be getting shipped out with the discs (which I guess sucks if you buy a digital download copy...

rensvind
i think blizzard will loose so many player that get hacked becuse if i get hacked i think i will leave the game if i couldnt get my stuff back

Hrothgar
well, better not get hancked in the future then ! =) if you guys havent read the poast owls made on Key-logging, you should, its really nice. .

http://www.thebladeorder.com/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=13&thread_id=2591

there it is =)

Valeria
That's a US thing only and they are giving you this option if you want to start playing as soon as possible instead of waiting for 2 weeks naked for your stuff back, since their queues are way too high.

In Europe this option is not available, at least at the moment, since the compromised accounts are not that many and usually you get your **** back within a week tops.
img241.imageshack.us/img241/1302/warningbg5.png

Heddy
awesome Grin - but even though i't doesn't effect us directly it's still a pretty rubbish way to deal with the problem Pfft

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
Any one still really use this website?

Yep
Yep
14% [2 Votes]

Only very ocassionally
Only very ocassionally
71% [10 Votes]

Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
14% [2 Votes]

Votes: 14
You must login to vote.
Started: 28/10/2018 12:48

Polls Archive
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01-01-2024 13:01
happy new year !

08-06-2023 10:47
Shock

12-11-2022 02:07
Thanks for keeping the site alive <3

08-11-2022 07:59
Hi! How are you guys? How life is treating you? Just growing older, building our lives, finding no time, the usual stuff... Grin

18-11-2021 16:32
Been working from home since march last year - but walk away from taht laptop at 4pm not to return til 7:30 next day! lol you?

08-11-2021 07:31
How are you doing guys? Working from home day and night, or quit your job? Kisses!

07-06-2021 20:22
still alive, TBC classic on the menu these days!

26-04-2020 19:50
Hi Guys! Not playing wow but still alive! How are you all? Kisses! Wink

27-01-2020 13:49
I played Classic until I was nearly level 60. It needs The Burning Crusade really for me though. I am lurking around Daggerspine again for a while, trying to get used to the changes lol

24-01-2020 09:29
Komodo (Antique) and Thebizzy are playing WoW classic these days. You're more than welcome to join us if you'd like. We're on the Bloodfang server =)

08-01-2020 18:26
Hey guys, Hope you are all well for 2020! Still think about our old raiding days and honestly miss it and you lot. xxx

08-09-2019 21:11
Hello! How is everyone? Are some of us still playing? Wow classic maybe? I miss the whole thing... kisses!

10-08-2019 14:34
there is a tbo discord server now https://discord.gg
/pfBNpyg

10-08-2019 13:33
doing a great job keeping the page alive ! so clasit where are we going ?

20-12-2018 22:25
TBO FOREVER! Grin

Top Top  3,483,825 unique visits  Top Top