Hottest Threads
No Threads created
Advertisment

View Thread
The Blade Order » General » PC Help
 Print Thread
WPA or not to WPA?
Breador
i have a problem and need the help of the super network men.

i have bought a new laptop recently; toshiba satellite a300d 20p. it came with vista home ed but i upgraded it to vista pro. generally i dont have problems connecting to wireless networks but the place i moved in has an old adsl modem. if i activate WPA security i cant log on to it with my pc running on vista. i can do it with other pc's running on xp. ive digged windows,toshiba and most of the tech forums. ive tried;
-selecting hig performance power profile. switched network adapter for max performance too.
-ive updated the drivers of the adapter.
-disabled IPv6 and re enabled hehe.

none worked only: when i disable the WPA sec. i can connect to the network. not to diminish security ive enabled MAC filtering and added my adapter on the list so i can connect to it but others cant.

do you think i failed? am i missing another possible solution? should i buy a new modem? am i sex?..

please threw in some help guys. thanks in advance Grin

Heddy
i personally would grab a new modem mate, but thats just me hehe Smile
Hed's dead baby, Hed's dead.

http://www.twitch.tv/gnubbz
Reefus
Do you know if the modem is B , G or N ?(doubt its N). I may be wrong but if your modem is B only it may not support WPA.

I think B is WEP.
Hope it helps Wink
Edited by Reefus on 11-06-2009 16:45

Maleficus
He's BBB ofc his modem is B Smile
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it."

Breador
well i think its G. the WPA enc is on and a couple pcs runnin on xp can connect to that router by entering the pass.
i have worked on it for 2 days and i think i need to get a new modem thanks anyway for the replies

Dust
i have had a similar problem with letting micrsoft running pc's connect to my wireless router at home which is made by apple. The simple solution was to apply a WEP password that was 128 bits containing 12 (or 13... can't quite rememebr) characters. Apparently that is more compatible for the conversion process or whatever tick-tech talk. If all fails that could be a possible problem solver to look into.
--We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and just a little bit scary.--

Dust - Level 85 paladin (Ret)
Antique - Level 85 druid (Feral dps/pvp resto)
Komodo - Level 82 Rogue (DPS... if you can call it that)
Azâzel - Level 85 Shaman (Restoration/DPS)

http://web.mac.com/henrik_voss
Breador
thanks henrik Smile
since wep is nearly an official failure ill check the new modem prices. if i dont have a solid connection over here people will leech me like the lich king fo sure.

that was a bad one but im sadFrown

twylark
Bre m8, had similar problems

Have u tried disabling windows firewall and security for wireless networks>?

Thats what i did and bam straight onto wireless it went Smile

Breador
none worked for me guys but thanks all. ive enabled wep only and at least connect to internet now. c ya later ingame when lazzy ass blizzard decides to answer my emails Grin

Maleficus
Hai
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it."

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
Any one still really use this website?

Yep
Yep
14% [2 Votes]

Only very ocassionally
Only very ocassionally
71% [10 Votes]

Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
14% [2 Votes]

Votes: 14
You must login to vote.
Started: 28/10/2018 12:48

Polls Archive
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01-01-2024 13:01
happy new year !

08-06-2023 10:47
Shock

12-11-2022 02:07
Thanks for keeping the site alive <3

08-11-2022 07:59
Hi! How are you guys? How life is treating you? Just growing older, building our lives, finding no time, the usual stuff... Grin

18-11-2021 16:32
Been working from home since march last year - but walk away from taht laptop at 4pm not to return til 7:30 next day! lol you?

08-11-2021 07:31
How are you doing guys? Working from home day and night, or quit your job? Kisses!

07-06-2021 20:22
still alive, TBC classic on the menu these days!

26-04-2020 19:50
Hi Guys! Not playing wow but still alive! How are you all? Kisses! Wink

27-01-2020 13:49
I played Classic until I was nearly level 60. It needs The Burning Crusade really for me though. I am lurking around Daggerspine again for a while, trying to get used to the changes lol

24-01-2020 09:29
Komodo (Antique) and Thebizzy are playing WoW classic these days. You're more than welcome to join us if you'd like. We're on the Bloodfang server =)

08-01-2020 18:26
Hey guys, Hope you are all well for 2020! Still think about our old raiding days and honestly miss it and you lot. xxx

08-09-2019 21:11
Hello! How is everyone? Are some of us still playing? Wow classic maybe? I miss the whole thing... kisses!

10-08-2019 14:34
there is a tbo discord server now https://discord.gg
/pfBNpyg

10-08-2019 13:33
doing a great job keeping the page alive ! so clasit where are we going ?

20-12-2018 22:25
TBO FOREVER! Grin

Top Top  3,457,252 unique visits  Top Top