Top wod thoughts?
Hottest Threads
No Threads created
Advertisment

View Thread
 Print Thread
Account security
Jaz
Due to the recent spate of phishing emails sent to members of TBO and the fact that 2 people now in guild have been known to be hacked I would like to take the opportunity to inform all registered users that I have set every account to hide their email address.

If you receive an email that attempts to retrieve your login details please remember that Blizzard NEVER contact people for this purpose by these means.

If you do need to login to your warcraft account for any reason please make sure you only do so by first going to the warcraft front page and login from there. There are ways to check the authenticity of links both in emails and on websites but it's easier and safer to only go to your account via the Warcraft website direct.

To give an example of the type of phishing emails that are doing the rounds, I myself received one over the christmas period claiming to be from Blizzard and that my account after investigation showed evidence that my account had or was being traded. The email included a link for me to use to login to my account to ultimately provide my CD key.

Apart from the fact that I know Blizzard would not ask for this information in an email, there were 2 clues that this was a scamming attempt.

The first was the link apeared to be one that would log me into the US servers which would be interested as I would need to login to the euorpean servers to access my account.

The second was when I viewed the email source code although the link apeared genuine it clearly showed the link was fake and would have gone elswhere. I then used a secure web browser on a computer I knew would never be used to run warcraft to have a look at the site and it looked just like the Warcraft account login screen.

I hope this measure and this example help you all avoid getting scammed and losing many years of hard work.
Edited by Jaz on 11-01-2009 14:40

http://www.thebladeorder.com
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
Any one still really use this website?

Yep
Yep
14% [2 Votes]

Only very ocassionally
Only very ocassionally
71% [10 Votes]

Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
14% [2 Votes]

Votes: 14
You must login to vote.
Started: 28/10/2018 12:48

Polls Archive
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01-01-2024 13:01
happy new year !

08-06-2023 10:47
Shock

12-11-2022 02:07
Thanks for keeping the site alive <3

08-11-2022 07:59
Hi! How are you guys? How life is treating you? Just growing older, building our lives, finding no time, the usual stuff... Grin

18-11-2021 16:32
Been working from home since march last year - but walk away from taht laptop at 4pm not to return til 7:30 next day! lol you?

08-11-2021 07:31
How are you doing guys? Working from home day and night, or quit your job? Kisses!

07-06-2021 20:22
still alive, TBC classic on the menu these days!

26-04-2020 19:50
Hi Guys! Not playing wow but still alive! How are you all? Kisses! Wink

27-01-2020 13:49
I played Classic until I was nearly level 60. It needs The Burning Crusade really for me though. I am lurking around Daggerspine again for a while, trying to get used to the changes lol

24-01-2020 09:29
Komodo (Antique) and Thebizzy are playing WoW classic these days. You're more than welcome to join us if you'd like. We're on the Bloodfang server =)

08-01-2020 18:26
Hey guys, Hope you are all well for 2020! Still think about our old raiding days and honestly miss it and you lot. xxx

08-09-2019 21:11
Hello! How is everyone? Are some of us still playing? Wow classic maybe? I miss the whole thing... kisses!

10-08-2019 14:34
there is a tbo discord server now https://discord.gg
/pfBNpyg

10-08-2019 13:33
doing a great job keeping the page alive ! so clasit where are we going ?

20-12-2018 22:25
TBO FOREVER! Grin

Top Top  3,438,135 unique visits  Top Top