Hottest Threads
No Threads created
Advertisment

View Thread
The Blade Order » General » PC Help
 Print Thread
Why oh why oh why!
Volley
For those of you who were helping with Mags yesterday, you may of noticed I kept diconnecting.
This was due to system crashes. Many of them. Smile
I've been playing wow since day one and I have NEVER had it crash on me.
I have no new drivers/ Addons. The crash was always same in nature.
Total screen freeze followed by a little report box from Blizzard asking what I was doing at the time.

Now. I could just put this down to a windows update or summin of that nature.

BUT, A friend of mine who has a completely different system. Xp as opposed to vista, Also had the exact same crash last week.
First time I'de ever seen it.
Also my Gf's mum kept crashing also...... Same way.

I've trauled the wow forums and haven't been able to find and info on this.
Anyone else expericend this crash?
Anyone heard anthing about it?

Any help will be greatly appreictated. If I cannot fix this problem I won't dare raid with you guys ( probably a good thing for you ) Grin

Cheers.

Lewsterin
My first guess would be you graphix card and/or drivers. Start getting the newest graphix driver m8. It might be our card running out of RAM.

And it might be your game thats just plain screwed. Mine was on my other comp the weekend lothan was in denmark. I removed WOW, and copied it directly from my primary computer - now it works perfectly.
i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv94/Shendaynor/LewsterImbaSig.gif

Lewsterin Kinslayer
Proud member of The Blade Order.

-Gunslingers! To me!
-We will be tested this day fellas! Prove or Die!

Gangsta
I get that **** if i have questhelper running with ace2 and unit_frames, and my pc is a monster. Some addons just dont wanna work together, sepratly the work fine. i would start with lews tip of upgrading the firmware and drivers of the graphixcard, and if that dosnet work see if you get any strange symptoms when a selective few addons are going.
i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv94/Shendaynor/GangsSpamSig.gif
worldofwarcraft.mmocluster.com/img_achievements/dee03a7b1358a74764a32db1c43d73df.jpg

Hit them little niggas with a freeze-pop, represent

Another Famous quote by Org when he's healing - "Its not my fault the tank dies. its his own fault. He got hit to much"

kathanas
if inrtenet connection continue to work when the game crash ,
1 i suggest you to test your graphics card with some diagnostic
http://www.futuremark.com/

2 check if other games r playing corectly

3 wow got in the installation dir a procudure to check all files , do that

4 reinstall direct x 9c for xp

plz post again if you still have problem
Panoramiks

Ralpbix
Had the same issues on my old computer. Ask heijaangel for more details, but I seems to crash at least once in a while. Unfortunately I couldn't solve it, but then again it only happened when I rebooted my computer.

Ralpbix

Lothan
Exactly the same happened to me some time ago...
Format didnt help since i DLed the addons again Wink
At that time i had the free Avast antivirus installed, unfortunatly it isnt reliable so bought a new antivirus program (bit deffender) installed it, and bingo it removed 3 files from my WoW folder (incl a keylogger).
Never had that problem since Smile
My pc choose to simply reboot the entire system each time. so not 100% the same but think its worth thinking about if it continues that way, (might not be the same problem) Hope it wont happen again for ya Smile

There is no I in team... though there is a ME if you jumble it!

Volley
Some intersting points.

I recently updated my graphics driver. About 1 month ago.
No imediate issues. The new driver made a huge difference in performace though. Almost doubling my in game frame rate. from 32fps to 60... Have never seen such an improvement from a driver.
Antivirus wise. I'm currently using Norton *yuk* (it was free with BT )
was looking at going with Bit defender.

When wow crashes the PC remains fully functional. Connection remains and it allows me to instantly load up wow again and go straight in.

It didn't crash last nigth and I was on for about 2 hours. BUT, I was not raiding. only couple peeps on the screen at a time.
I will just have to wait a see.

Thank you all for the input.. Smile

Bhuna
Was it following an update at all to the game files?

I remember when I used to play many many moons ago that people were having problems after certain updates and ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the game and it worked fine - probably not a very good suggestion now if downloads are becoming massive with the game now Smile

Bhuna.

BeastPriest
Have you checked to make sure your graphics card isn't overheating? Or that the new drivers didn't reset the high temp setting to something stupidly low?

If you haven't already, disable all your add-ons and run WoW without them and see what happens.

Maybe reinstall all your add-ons, you might have an out of date one thats having fun Smile

img594.imageshack.us/img594/6950/tazp.pngi.imgur.com/zQ021Zs.pngi.imgur.com/IIM34ns.pngi.imgur.com/cEXBSmo.png

Volley
Now that is a very interesting point Beast.
I bought AoC and dabbled with it. After about 45mins my laptop would trip out due to over heating. Ended up having to point a Fan at the laptop to keep it running.
The underside does seem to get hotter than it did.
Hmmm. maybe I need to invest in a block of dry ice.

Or a cooler. Smile

Joe
Last time my wow kept crashing like that, the power supply blew Grin

s
Only crashes i had was when i try to interact with the world( like fp or getting summoned). i found out my chipset fan was not running or running low. this made the chipset overheat and then my screen froze. After i gave the fan a swing the problem was gone... still have to buy new one.. for now i have to swing the fan on by hand xD

Versipellis
if you are using a laptop for WoW .. ZALMAN is the solution m8..

http://www.coolerexpress.com/zazmalno...ocous.html
http://forum.notebookreview.com/showt...p?t=162929

i m using it for a long time and it cools the laptop half way down to 35 degrees.. can solve your over-heating problem at least.. and yet my laptop did blacked out for too many times because of over-heating.. gl m8..
www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/6/2/9/3/2/2362932nlaAG.png
DPS with a "tude".. How suprising..

You can run.. But you just die tired..

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
Any one still really use this website?

Yep
Yep
14% [2 Votes]

Only very ocassionally
Only very ocassionally
71% [10 Votes]

Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
14% [2 Votes]

Votes: 14
You must login to vote.
Started: 28/10/2018 12:48

Polls Archive
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01-01-2024 13:01
happy new year !

08-06-2023 10:47
Shock

12-11-2022 02:07
Thanks for keeping the site alive <3

08-11-2022 07:59
Hi! How are you guys? How life is treating you? Just growing older, building our lives, finding no time, the usual stuff... Grin

18-11-2021 16:32
Been working from home since march last year - but walk away from taht laptop at 4pm not to return til 7:30 next day! lol you?

08-11-2021 07:31
How are you doing guys? Working from home day and night, or quit your job? Kisses!

07-06-2021 20:22
still alive, TBC classic on the menu these days!

26-04-2020 19:50
Hi Guys! Not playing wow but still alive! How are you all? Kisses! Wink

27-01-2020 13:49
I played Classic until I was nearly level 60. It needs The Burning Crusade really for me though. I am lurking around Daggerspine again for a while, trying to get used to the changes lol

24-01-2020 09:29
Komodo (Antique) and Thebizzy are playing WoW classic these days. You're more than welcome to join us if you'd like. We're on the Bloodfang server =)

08-01-2020 18:26
Hey guys, Hope you are all well for 2020! Still think about our old raiding days and honestly miss it and you lot. xxx

08-09-2019 21:11
Hello! How is everyone? Are some of us still playing? Wow classic maybe? I miss the whole thing... kisses!

10-08-2019 14:34
there is a tbo discord server now https://discord.gg
/pfBNpyg

10-08-2019 13:33
doing a great job keeping the page alive ! so clasit where are we going ?

20-12-2018 22:25
TBO FOREVER! Grin

Top Top  3,393,908 unique visits  Top Top