Hottest Threads
No Threads created
Advertisment

View Thread
The Blade Order » World of Warcraft » Warcraft Chat
 Print Thread
Laptop broke :(
heijaangel
As the subject say, my laptop is broke. The screen wont show anything anymore. It just stays black.
I just have brought it back to the store and they gonna call me today and tell me what they going to do with it.

I already installed WoW on my parents pc but downloading the patch is verry slow. Its also 871mb patch -.-'

I cant take total control over there pc so I propably will play less until I have my laptop back.

Angel
Edited by heijaangel on 19-12-2007 07:40
i.imgur.com/3TqrN.png
i43.tinypic.com/mtkq3a.png

What is SeX? SeX Is When A Boy Put His Location In A Girls Destination To Increase The Population Of The NeXt Generation. Do You Get My EXplanation? Or Do You Need a Demonstration?

There are 10 kinds of people. The 1's that understand binary and the 1's that dont.

Lewsterin
Get new computer faster m8 Smile we miss u
i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv94/Shendaynor/LewsterImbaSig.gif

Lewsterin Kinslayer
Proud member of The Blade Order.

-Gunslingers! To me!
-We will be tested this day fellas! Prove or Die!

Mordekay
Come back angel Grin
"The Paramount Path of the Pale Proselyte Pegan is a Protracted Pursuit of Purification"-The Big M-

Daveraver
well m8,

thats what laptops are good at breaking Sad

I worked for Inventec for 5 years and they build all the laptops for Compaq/HP and now Toshiba also I believe. Flimsy, unstable pieces of Kit to be honest. (as the Test Engineer)

If you need anymore help I can point you in the right direction if you want, but I will need to ask you some question's about your laptop which will help you deal with the idiots that normally work behind the counters in these so called PC shops. Smile

Desktops FTW

Dave
Edited by Daveraver on 19-12-2007 08:57
sigs.guildlaunch.net/wsig.php/9044770BnXgA.png

sigs.guildlaunch.net/wsig.php/9044795OUGQh.png

sigs.guildlaunch.net/wsig.php/9044779bYsjK.png

www.flyfishingworld.eu
heijaangel
Tnx guys.

Daveraver wrote:
Desktops FTW

True Dave, I also think that Desktops are better to play then laptops.
But 1 mainly reason I play on a laptop is because I can take it with me to my friends to play. For example to Haz.

And the shop where I brought my laptop is a company where my work has a close relationship with. So I think they will take good care for it Smile

I have an Acer. And the guy at the shop sayed to me he would give a call to Acer and they will discuse what to to. But as far I know Acer it must propably be sent to them, because I think they have to replace my screen with a new 1 Sad
So with this all bad luck I will propably have it back in Jan of Feb because of the hollydays Sad

But as I mentioned, I am not totaly out of the game, I have still my parents pc Wink
And if Haz fix his pc, I can play on that Pfft
Edited by heijaangel on 19-12-2007 10:02
i.imgur.com/3TqrN.png

What is SeX? SeX Is When A Boy Put His Location In A Girls Destination To Increase The Population Of The NeXt Generation. Do You Get My EXplanation? Or Do You Need a Demonstration?

There are 10 kinds of people. The 1's that understand binary and the 1's that dont.

Ralpbix
Didn't you just shut down the monitor?

heijaangel

Ralpbix wrote:
Didn't you just shut down the monitor?

No. He also give *bieeeeeeeeep* when I turn it on. Like saying to me: HE! I cant find a screen.
Or ask Haz, he was yesterday evening with me.
i.imgur.com/3TqrN.png

Daveraver
How many beeps m8, one two long slow? these are debug codes for sorting out problems?

Also when u left it on without a screen did the area where the CPU is heat up at all?

Cheers

Dave

PS hope you get it fixed soon

www.flyfishingworld.eu
Lewsterin
This has turned into the newest episode of CSI Azeroth.

Dave is roaming around the Crime scene, looking for clues about how the laptop was broken. Ralph his trusty sidekick is dusting for fingerprints.

Dave looks cooly at the owner of the broken laptop - The first suspect. Angel feels a cold shimmer run down his back, the guilt is visible in his eyes. He thinks back to the other day where he dropped a banana shake in the keyboard.

Dave casts one last sympathetic look at the victim, the broken laptop. Slowly turns to HIS victim - the suspect, in this case Angel.

Thats the teaser to CSI Azeroth
i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv94/Shendaynor/LewsterImbaSig.gif

Lewsterin Kinslayer
Proud member of The Blade Order.

-Gunslingers! To me!
-We will be tested this day fellas! Prove or Die!

heijaangel
LOL Lew Pfft

I think the beep 1 amd was about 1.5 - 2 sec.
Cant say if it was heating up, did not felt it...but read on Pfft

I just had a call from the store.
He had a look at the laptop and he discovered that the cpu fen was not spinning.
He sayed that UPS is comming to pick it up today and bring it to Acer.
So only can wait now.
i.imgur.com/3TqrN.png

Daveraver
i think m8 u will get a new motherboard, cpu fan not spinning woudl not cause it to not boot as the cpu does not generate enough heat in the 1st 30 secs or so to require the fan. Sound slike the Graphics with the beep u described, which if onboard will need replaced. Tell them u want the latest model with the 8800 Go chipset Smile

GL Dave

www.flyfishingworld.eu
heijaangel
I finaly have my own laptop back today.
They changed the mainboard.
Now I dont have to use others pc again, and we can sit downstairs right Haz Wink
i.imgur.com/3TqrN.png

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
Any one still really use this website?

Yep
Yep
14% [2 Votes]

Only very ocassionally
Only very ocassionally
71% [10 Votes]

Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
Nope. Hang on how did I end up here?
14% [2 Votes]

Votes: 14
You must login to vote.
Started: 28/10/2018 12:48

Polls Archive
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01-01-2024 13:01
happy new year !

08-06-2023 10:47
Shock

12-11-2022 02:07
Thanks for keeping the site alive <3

08-11-2022 07:59
Hi! How are you guys? How life is treating you? Just growing older, building our lives, finding no time, the usual stuff... Grin

18-11-2021 16:32
Been working from home since march last year - but walk away from taht laptop at 4pm not to return til 7:30 next day! lol you?

08-11-2021 07:31
How are you doing guys? Working from home day and night, or quit your job? Kisses!

07-06-2021 20:22
still alive, TBC classic on the menu these days!

26-04-2020 19:50
Hi Guys! Not playing wow but still alive! How are you all? Kisses! Wink

27-01-2020 13:49
I played Classic until I was nearly level 60. It needs The Burning Crusade really for me though. I am lurking around Daggerspine again for a while, trying to get used to the changes lol

24-01-2020 09:29
Komodo (Antique) and Thebizzy are playing WoW classic these days. You're more than welcome to join us if you'd like. We're on the Bloodfang server =)

08-01-2020 18:26
Hey guys, Hope you are all well for 2020! Still think about our old raiding days and honestly miss it and you lot. xxx

08-09-2019 21:11
Hello! How is everyone? Are some of us still playing? Wow classic maybe? I miss the whole thing... kisses!

10-08-2019 14:34
there is a tbo discord server now https://discord.gg
/pfBNpyg

10-08-2019 13:33
doing a great job keeping the page alive ! so clasit where are we going ?

20-12-2018 22:25
TBO FOREVER! Grin

Top Top  3,472,595 unique visits  Top Top